Worth it?

The Nissan 300ZX (Z32) general community discussion forum
SRJesse
Car: Cars, hockey (roller and ice)

Hey guys, I figure in this section you would know more about 300zx than I do! I always owned 240sx's but I have found a nice looking 1991 300zx for sale for $5800. It has t-tops, black leather that is in good condition, 5-speed, NA V6. It has 107,000miles on it. As soon as I looked at it at the used dealership, the guy comes out and tells me they just replaced clutch, flywheel, and rear main seal. Seems like a lot that had to be done to it. I started it up and the Timing Chain is rattling, he said it needs to be tightened. Also, he said the reason they replaced the clutch because it was getting stuck in. Well who ever their mechanic was sucked, cause in 3rd gear, the clutch pedal did like to get stuck down. I dont know, it just seems like it needs alot of work. Is it worth that price? Price seemed right, but I need some advice. Thanks in advanced.

boileralum00
Car: 94 Miata, 95 FZR600R

First of all, it's a timing belt and not a timing chain, so the rattling scares me very much. The rear main seal is often replaced when the clutch is replaced because all of the same labor applies to get to it. It sounds like the clutch may just need adjustment, though it could possibly be a slave cylinder issue (cheap fix <$50) or master cylinder (still not too bad, but probably ~$200).

nlzmo400r
Car: cars

souds good if u have another daily driver and are willing to do th work to get it up and running, and even still, a whole new timing chain is about $35o or so

Return to “300ZX (Z32) General”