WORKING ON MY INSTALL Ca18det

Discuss topics related to the CA18DE and CA18DET series engines.
slw240sx
Car: 1990 Ca18det 240sx Hatch

ok guys, yes i just got this thing and im reading up on the electrical an other components of installing, but the motor i got used from states is not running, has weak spark, also the harness was not properly wired (ie) loose connections, frayed wires, ECU plug is very unorganized, im in for alot of fun i know know, any how, 1.) first question, where does the battery ground to? mine goes to the battery mounting tray, then on to the intake manifold/plenum, and its connected along with 2 other ground wires for other things, is this correct location?2.)second one, the wiring for the MAF its originaly a insulated group of wires like 4 if i recall correctly? dies this have to be extended with insulated wires or will ordinary 12g or so wires work?, 3.)is there a relay for the power transitor (IGN chip)if so where would it be?3.) what is the correct stock position for the CAS . these guys left it with one screw in it an not adjusted.. =(4.)anyone have a vacumn line diagram

SSDwellah
Car: '90 Z32 Coupe w/ VH45DE + 5-speed (FOR SALE)
'06 Infiniti G35 Coupe 6MT
'08 Frontier 4x4 SE KC

Do a search for ca18det service manual... someone posted a .pdf of the english CA18DET service manual. This will answer all of your questions.

slw240sx
Car: 1990 Ca18det 240sx Hatch

no actually it doesnt, i have it an ive printed nearly all of it out non of that is mentions that i recall reading yes question three was just to get an answer on location i have the wiring scematics i just cant read them for ****

Return to “CA18DE / CA18DET Forum”