Work Emotion Cr Kai fitment+tires for s14

Forum for Nissan wheel fitment, tire selection, suspension setup and brake discussions.
andy107
Car: 1995 240SX SE

I have an s14 with 20mm Origin wide body front fenders and unrolled rear fenders. The vehicle is on stock suspension as well as stock ride height. I don't plan on rolling my rear fenders since they are mint and maybe getting full suspension next year. I have to keep my ride height as is for now since the roads are bumpy where I'm at. I'm looking at Work Emotion Cr Kai's in Gunmetal, 18x9.5 for the front and back. Would +20 offset all around and slightly stretched tires sit semi-flush/okay with the rear fender on stock ride height? If not, how much will the rear wheels stick out? Will the size of the wheels hit my suspension? Did a bit of research and went to shops asking around. Some Evo guys run those specs fine. I know what "google it up" is for, but I would rather ask first then buy. besides, once I buy there's no return on special ordered wheels. Thanks.

What I'm thinking and shops recommended:
Hoping these would sit semi-flush, with enough stretch on the tires to clear both fenders on small bumps.
Work Emotion CR-KAI 5x114.3 18x9.5 +20 "All 4 wheels/tires"
Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Spec 235/40/18 "On all 4"

poshatch
Car: p.o.s. 1990 240sx hatch

if you dont plan on rolling your fenders you wont sit flush...end

if your sitting at stock ride height you wont sit flush...2nd end

no they shouldnt hit suspenison

flush = slamed + camber + low offset + wide wheels + stretch (IMO)

everybody has varying degrees of their idea of "flush" but thats what it means to me, finely tuned aesthetics

great wheel choice though

andy107

Maybe "flush" was used wrongfully by me. I should have worded it differently. I just would like to know how much +20's will stick out of the rear fenders and how much of a gap I will get between the wheel and fender. I'm thinking it should be enough for bumps to prevent the tires having contact with the unrolled rear fender. Will the fronts be okay on turns? Talked to Touge Factory in Chicago and asked about the direzza star specs. The star specs has a little more meat. So if i run 235/40's, I may not get much of a stretch as I would like. But I can't be sure unless I see that tire on a 9.5" inch wheel. A little hard to believe. thanks for the reply

poshatch

andy107 wrote:Maybe "flush" was used wrongfully by me. I should have worded it differently. I just would like to know how much +20's will stick out of the rear fenders and how much of a gap I will get between the wheel and fender. I'm thinking it should be enough for bumps to prevent the tires having contact with the unrolled rear fender. Will the fronts be okay on turns? Talked to Touge Factory in Chicago and asked about the direzza star specs. The star specs has a little more meat. So if i run 235/40's, I may not get much of a stretch as I would like. But I can't be sure unless I see that tire on a 9.5" inch wheel. A little hard to believe. thanks for the reply

i should be able to help you with that one...assuming your at stock ride height and assuming your running no camber

that wheel will stick out too much...i did the math and they would stick out as much as my 002's and yours are 18's so its my oppinion that it will not clear

it will look hectorflush

andy107

Thanks for your input. I will spend the money and at least buy suspension and camber the rears. Talked to another shop in Chicago "ILL Garage" and they said +25 will clear on the 18x9.5. I saw one Cr Kai's at +30 on rimtuck.com and it look like it sinks in 1inch into the wheel well. +15 wheels with no camber on s14 body is about an inch out or slightly more. "saw this at an car event". Rimtuck.com has a lot of guys running 225/40's on 9.5's. Looks like it will clear the fender a little better when lowered+cambered. I would like to stick to +20 offset on "9.5in", any bigger offsets and the Cr Kai's will loose its deep look. I'll probably do 225/40 tires with it.

poshatch

i didnt see any stock height stock body cars on rim tuck running 18x9.5 in anyt offset :frown:

andy107

yeah no stock body but you just have to get an idea what it will look like on the car. I ran into a forum that had one pic of an s14 on stock height w/o camber running 18x9.5 +15 P45's. Stuck out like more than a inch and a half. Unknown tire size. Here's a prelude running Cr Kai's on 18x9.5 on what looks like +30 offset. http://car-tracks-99.exteen.com/2009051 ... tion-4-ba8

poshatch

that wont help you out much...its got flares also...they are going to stick out a fair bit and even if your ride height is high enough to clear them when it compresses your going to hit something probably your un rolled lip

the s14's on rim tuck are lowered, and rolled flat and probably running at least 1* of camber if not 2+ on some of them...

Return to “Nissan Tires, Wheels, Brakes and Suspension”