Wondering about front clip swap

The Nissan 300ZX (Z32) general community discussion forum
ExpectingSR20DET
Car: Working, trying to make my purple beater faster...

So I'm thinking about getting a 91-96 300Z... problem is I'm 19 and I don't want the high insurance premium of a TT... So I figure a front clip swap would keep the car registered as an NA and I know a cool inspection shop that I asked prior if they would pass inspection on that and said more than likely... I figure 3-5K for a cheap str8 bodied 300ZX NA... 5 speed preferred but if auto is needed I'll take it.. So I can learn how the car feels before I go off stuffing a TT in it and killing myself... Then its about 4K +shipping to the US for the clip... Is the motor swap itself cheaper and will it fit without modification to the NA style or should I go off and try to convert it to a JDM RHD drive style 300Z? I'm looking for ballpark figures here.. any help to a Nissan Newb would be much appreciated

yoda69
Car: satisfy women,&drive fast cars

hi dude I might have the answer I own a 300zx NA and is doing the same thing to because its cheap on ins. the engine should drop in u can fined one anywhere from 1-5000 dallars depending on how much u want to spend u hav to get tt tran.though & get 5spd good luck !!!

ExpectingSR20DET
Car: Working, trying to make my purple beater faster...

Well I found a front TT clip from Streetimports.com for 3999+ shipping... So thats decent.. Or I can ebay it... I was thinking today.. does the N/A 300Z come with the HICAS suspension? Or am I forced to forfeit some of the gadgets that really make the Z special, and I wonder if TT parts will work on the N/A I purchase.. or do I have to convert my chassis as well??? My IM is RotaryManFD3S if you've done this and wanna offer some advice and such.. I really appreciate it

spec-v5150

Have you been to other Z boards?? From what I gathered, it does not just drop in. IF it did more N/A people who drive TT's. Most Z owners say if you cant do the labor yourself, sell your N/A and buy a TT. Cheaper and less hassle. Sure there are conversions out there to TT, but not nearly as much as peopel would think and there is a reason for it.

Return to “300ZX (Z32) General”