woah quick help guys! I promise to make it up to you

The Internet's ONLY forum for 240sx convertible information and the official home of the 240sx Convertible Club of America!
wirelessalpha
Car: 93 SR Vert, 96 318ti, 06 Altima

so a guy in one of the other forums is selling a tein flex kit - of which, I want to purchase tonight. Correct me if I am wrong - but any damper kit for a coupe or hatchback should work on the vert right? Given the fact that the vert is heavier...I wonder if the kit is different...

For example, me being a honda head...i know its not a problem to use the same kit for various models...even different years for civics...hell, you can even use integra suspension components for the civic...

so anyways..I got about a 2 hour window before I head out to buy this kit. Just a simple confirmed yes will do.

Thanks brothas...

nissanconvert
Car: 94 300zx Convertible 5 speed

A bit late i suppose but yea, it should work fine

slownslurious

yeah most of the springs and stuff say "excluding convertible" because nissan had different part numbers for shocks and springs because they were a bit stiffer to make up for the weight. Since the aftermarket stuff tends to be even stiffer yet its a non issue. Just be aware that because of the greater weight you'll need slightly stiffer spring rates and your car will be lowered slightly more compared to a hard top.

wirelessalpha
Car: 93 SR Vert, 96 318ti, 06 Altima

YES! A BIT LATE INDEED! Ha, it's ok though. I bought the kit. My my my - the thing was brand new man. Rears were never mounted - and the front's were on just for fitment. The guys say he put them on - but never tested. Was an ongoing project car. Honestly, the story is not so believable - but the condition is. Gotta put them on this weekend - I'll let you know how it handles.

PS: About the convertible issue - yeah, I figured so already. Just took me a minute to put my head together. I myself owned a vert in the past (eclipse) and I should have known better. I didn't figure it out until 30 minutes away from the buy site.

Return to “240SX Convertible Forum”