Within Driving distance of Indianapolis?

A general discussion forum for G35 and G37 owners and a great place to introduce yourself to the NICOclub G-Series Forums!
PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

Then you MUST come to our BIG meet, THIS weekend!

General Infohttp://www.nissaninfiniticlub....25768

Hotel Info:

http://www.nissaninfiniticlub....23332

Rex Birkmeier the NICO founder will be flying in!

Fred...:)

rydwhite
Car: 2003 G35 Coupe

Count me in at least for awhile on Saturday. I already have plans for Saturday evening and I have to go out of town for business on Sunday morning, but I can at least stop and check things out since I live in Indy.

PalmerWMD

That'd be great!

It will be a lot of fun, one thing I love about our meets is what the are not a club where everyone drives the exact same car but we have a wide selection such as, S13, S14, Q45,G35, Murano,J30, I30m Maxima etc.So its always real interesting to me to see nice cars that are different from mine.

PalmerWMD

The meet was great!

We had rydwht come and represent the G35's along with the other NICO cars.

On the pre-meet, We ran go carts up to 37mph on a rubber track, it was brutal but fun.

At the main meet we autocrossed with the SCCA, in our own NICO class and handed out awards for best of show, best apearance, best track time etc.

It was a lot of fun and we all got great tans, especially those that attended both pre-meet <and> main meet.

Fred..:)

rydwhite

I had a great time at the meet. I hated to have to leave so soon, but business calls. Next time though I will have to check out the autox.

PalmerWMD

rydwht:

if you had been there your chances of taking number one or two in appearnce in our NICO group would have been hi for a red 2k3 G35 Coupe.

We had some reall sharp 2k2/2k3 Sentra SER SPEC V;s there, both a deep coral red, they were immaculate, clean and very tastefully modded.

The one who won our NICO appearnce award was a 2k3 SPEC V with the rare leather seats replacing the lava seats.Also it had very unusual but stock looking front fenders.Looked very interesting w/o being too wild very tasteful.

rydwhite

Hey Fred, thanks for the compliments. I don't think that I would have deserved to be judged though. The car is strictly stock for the time being. Hopefully by next spring, I can start some work on it. I could really use some advice and suggestions from the forum on what to do and how exactly to do it. I am lacking the knowledge at this time to really do anything of substance to the car. So, hopefully I can learn some stuff here.I take it that I was the only 35 or 350Z to show.

PalmerWMD

Yes,

You were the only G35 or Z to show.As for appearance we were simply looking for "best" appearance and would not have cared wether it was achieved via stock or mods.

Some of the local loiusville meets, sometimes have a silver 350Z show.He has Gorgeous 3 piece wheels, that are very reminiscent of the 1994 Porsche 911 turbo Speedlines.

Appearance wise there are some nice body kits out.Check the Stillen website for some nice kits (plus they are one of our sponsors now.;)..)

As for performance the usual I/E/H route won't work wonders as the car is well optimized as it is.I would save the $$ for forced induction (see other thread).

Unusually nice wheels are the safest immediate mod I can think of (even tho the stockers are nothing to sneeze at)

Return to “G35 and G37 General Discussions”