Wisconsin Nissan and Import Meet and Greet. 9-20-08 Fond du Lac, WI

Including ND, SD, NE, KS, OK, MN, IA, MO, and WI
Eikon
Car: 71 240z, 93 Supra TT

We're excited to finally put together a meet for Wisconsin Nissan owners and our friends. Thanks to Flicktitty (Nick) and kjlingr (Karl) for their efforts to organize and put this together.

Who's invited: Our primary target are Nissan owners from the state of Wisconsin. However, it will be open to everyone. I'd consider it to be an invitational meet. We'll start with Nissan owners and allow them to invite their friends as well. The Green Bay contingency will probably include a few 240's, an MKIV Supra turbo, a Skyline R33 GTR, an 800+ hp RB26 powered FD RX-7, a 600 hp Rotary FD RX7, a 400 hp turbo civic, a civic that needs a parachute, and a 2JZ turbo powered celica supra. We're also going to make a play to get a group of Wisconsin Supra owners to meet with us as well.

Location: We've chosen Fond du Lac as our meeting place due to it's central location in the state of Wisconsin. Madison (72.5 Miles 1Hr 27min)Milwaukee (67 Miles 1hr 13min)Green Bay (74 Miles 1hr 23min)Chicago (154 Miles 2hrs 46min)La Crosse (168 Miles 3hrs 14min)

We selected Lakeside Park as our site. Here's a big shot of the City of Fond du Lac.

Here's a close up of the park.

Assuming we get a good response to the idea, we'll reserve the large shelter to the left of the parking lot. That lot should park 65+ cars so we should be in good shape for space.

Details: I've listed 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM as a general time frame. But it's certainly completely open to whatever anyone would like to do. I don't know the park hours, but I imagine it's at least open til dusk. So people can stay as long as they like.

Food: Due to city regulations, our posters will not have formal plans for food. Each person can bring their own food and drink, or organize with their friends to do so. We plan to organize a run to a grocery store for burgers and brats and then grill out, and we'll have people chip in for that on location. We just don't want to advertise that so that we can avoid having to get a city permit for selling food.

Activities:This is going to be very informal. No sponsors, no admission, no raffle, etc... Just a chance to relax and chill out and meet some other Wisconsin import owners. I'm hoping we'll have someone with some nice camera equipment and some photography skills to act as our photographer for the day. Other than that, we'll just check out each others cars, sit back, relax and enjoy.

Rules: Common sense folks! I'm sure I don't have to say this, but I will anyway. Please don't street race in Fond du Lac on the way into the park. Please don't horse around and do huge burnouts in the parking lot. If your car is not safe or street legal, please make arrangements to trailer it to the location. If you drink, please don't drive home. We don't want anyone getting hurt, or getting in trouble, or causing the local authorities to ask us to leave.

Park rules state that we cannot reserve the parking space. We've checked the calender for the park that day and there are no softball or other formal activities planned, so the park should be rather quiet. Still, we cannot promise parking space in the main area. It is open to the public on a first come first served basis. To ensure you get to park your car in the main parking lot near everyone else, please plan to arrive as early as possible.

For more information:Please respond to this thread with any questions, concerns, etc.. If you want to contact me directly, please do.. eikond (at) gmail.com Feel free to spread the word to other friends and import owners, but let's not spam the whole world. We're looking for quality and not quantity. Bring your friends or people who have cool cars!

I'll have a PDF version of the flyer available for distribution tomorrow, so if anyone wants a copy, please let me know.

Thanks all!

Flicktitty
Car: 1989 Nissan 240sx 2JZ-GTE Swapped
1994 Toyota Supra
2019 Lexus GX460
1992 Lexus SC400

I'm in!

1993 Nissan 240SX Coupe

StandardProspect
Car: '93 240sx '98 Q45

Thanks for directions.Ill be there with a 93 hatch and my buddies E36

1sikS13
Car: 1992 S13 240sx

im in like flynn 92 hatch scrapen all 74 mile there

Flicktitty
1994 Toyota Supra
2019 Lexus GX460
1992 Lexus SC400

Just heard from a friend he is bringing his SR'd S14 (Nismodave for you OG's)

I posted this up on a Milwaukee car club so theres a few saying they might show.

zerepdivad
Car: '90 240sx . '02 Lexus IS300

I wanna go mainly just to see that celica supra!

SR24DET
Car: RMS13

Ill be there with my 240. Ill get my friends to come to. I hope to bring a big croud. Ill start asking. My buddy can bring his nice DC5. And my other buddy has a fully done FC with an LT1 swap. I hope they can all go. Theres more but i have to ask around. Sounds like fun.

pancho y onions
Car: 1992 240sx se

MMMMM ill be there and hit that cheeseburger up. Finally a damn meet!!

Robs_altima
Car: 2004 350Z Touring

Count me in too.... I'll drag a few friends along, turbo Scion tC with a lot of extras, and a clean civic.

tonis56
Car: 04 Titan Crewcab

im in if i get the deuce running by then

tony-

srphoenix
Car: 08 Mitsu Evolution X

washington d.c. trip the weekend before, then THIS then packer vs. cowboy game. This is going to be a weekend to remember! Thanks for all the planning you guys put into this!

Robs_altima

There should be a few more Milwaukee guys around...... Any worries about getting harassed by the cops? They don't seem to really care to much for the tuner community.... What I'm getting at is, they may come in and try to get us for anything car or park related.

Eikon

Robs_altima wrote:There should be a few more Milwaukee guys around...... Any worries about getting harassed by the cops? They don't seem to really care to much for the tuner community.... What I'm getting at is, they may come in and try to get us for anything car or park related.
That's a great question Rob.

I can't personally promise that the cops won't have there eyes on us. However, I think it unlikely that they will give us a hard time. We'll certainly go through the proper steps to ensure we're not violating any rules.

First off, I'll pay for and place a reservation with the parks and rec department and the city works department stating that we are having a "car meet" at the park. We'll have the pavilion reserved for our use. So it won't be any surprise to the park or to the city that we are there. I've also discussed the legalities of what type of event we are having. Essentially it's just a picnic or gathering. There is no registration, no fee to enter, no raffle, no exchange of any money or services. Thus, no permit is required for the event. I even talked with the lady at parks and rec about food and she said that we'd be better off having no organized food service of any kind to avoid having to get a permit. That's why our flyer says bring your own picnic food. Having said that, we'll get together informally while we're there and decide to make a run to the store for cookout supplies.

Outside of reservations at the park, there should be no other legal issues at all. Its simply a picnic or family reunion style gathering. We'll just have some fancy imports rather than Buicks and Minivans.

As long as everyone behaves themselves and doesn't do anything stupid to attract attention to the gathering we should be fine. Muscle car guys do this kind of thing all the time and don't get in trouble... so we shouldn't either.

Again, as long as people are doing anything stupid.... Like I said in my original post RULES section: No streetracing on the way to or from, no burnouts or crazy driving, and if your car isn't street legal you should trailer it there.

It's just a picnic. No event title, sponsor, raffle, fee, donation, sales of food, etc... Informal keeps us out of trouble.

Robs_altima

I agree…. My main worry is that we can't control how that one person will act. You know if someone wants to start doing brake stands, donuts, or the most likely thing, excessively loud music (some guys got their stuff hooked up real nice). None of these would bother me personally one bit I just don't want them to come in break the thing up. I'd be awesome to see this thing to into an annual event…. There's not a lot of get togethers that have a genuine tuner feel. Most shows have the fake riced out, just there for trophies vibe if you know what I mean.

Eikon

Agreed... it would be great to turn this into an annual event. Maybe even a couple times a year... spring and fall type thing.

We'll all just have to keep an eye on each other. I'm hoping everyone that comes will be mature and responsible. I'll sure be quick to stop any activities that show poor judgment.

I'm really hoping to get more of a mature and responsible crowd. We won't turn anyone away, but I'm hoping it doesn't turn into a high school type atmosphere, or people just there to show off like you said.

Flicktitty
1994 Toyota Supra
2019 Lexus GX460
1992 Lexus SC400

little update. i got about 4 or 5 350Z's showing up too. as well as other 240sx's

Eikon

Flicktitty wrote:little update. i got about 4 or 5 350Z's showing up too. as well as other 240sx's
Very nice!

I was just discussing with Karl the fact that we might need to consider a back-up plan for a bigger location if this thing turns into a success. The parking lot that we're targeting has about 60 to 65 spots from what I can tell from looking at that overhead picture. If we get more people than that, we may need to consider a plan for more parking or a different location nearby. There is a second parking lot in that same park we could use for overflow...

tonis56

man this is sounding good! I really need to get working on my car. Seems like every time there is a meet my car isn't running

Tony-

lizmo
Car: 93 coupe, 91 hatch

tonis56 wrote:man this is sounding good! I really need to get working on my car. Seems like every time there is a meet my car isn't running

Tony-
Whats wrong with it? i thought it was running?

glitched
Car: 1992 240sx se

to far away yet for me to tell if i can make.

I dont really have any "car" buddies. I've got one friend that autocrosses with me and thats about it.

Im not really into the "tuner" or "import" scene. I just like to track my nissan. both the car and driver (thats me!) have had success on the track, and i dont really want to be hassled by cops getting lumped in with the "that guy" like you guys are talkin about...

I'm a mid 20's IT professional, and I feel old and uncool. LOL

I dont really know if this is my kind of event.... I feel more comfortable hammin it up with the old guys at the open track days...

Flicktitty
1994 Toyota Supra
2019 Lexus GX460
1992 Lexus SC400

glitched wrote:to far away yet for me to tell if i can make.

I dont really have any "car" buddies. I've got one friend that autocrosses with me and thats about it.

Im not really into the "tuner" or "import" scene. I just like to track my nissan. both the car and driver (thats me!) have had success on the track, and i dont really want to be hassled by cops getting lumped in with the "that guy" like you guys are talkin about...

I dont really know if this is my kind of event.... I feel more comfortable hammin it up with the old guys at the open track days...
Dude, mid 20's isn't old. Hell Seth (eikon) is what 30? i'm 21. a few of the guys thats comin with me are in there late 20s and into there 30's.

Robs_altima

I'm 24 and an engineer......

tonis56

lizmo wrote:Whats wrong with it? i thought it was running?
when I try to start it, the fuel pump doesnt prime. I had this problem last year and after hours of diagnosing we found it was the computer (which it rarely is) and Marco from SR20store.com sent me a new one and it was all good. But now im back at step one

tony-

kjlindgr

Don't hesitate to come if you feel "old". There are a few of us in their 30's that will be there so if anyone is going to feel old, we will.

kjlindgr

tonis56 wrote:
when I try to start it, the fuel pump doesnt prime. I had this problem last year and after hours of diagnosing we found it was the computer (which it rarely is) and Marco from SR20store.com sent me a new one and it was all good. But now im back at step one

tony-
The fuel pump is controlled by the ECU. There is a pin that triggers a relay that kicks the pump on and off. There are a couple possible checks for issues:

1. Make sure the ECU is sending the signal to the relay2. Make sure the relay is good and getting the power/grounds it needs3. Make sure the fuel pump fuse is good

If all else fails, hot wire it to a switch so you can make the meet

tonis56

kjlindgr wrote:
The fuel pump is controlled by the ECU. There is a pin that triggers a relay that kicks the pump on and off. There are a couple possible checks for issues:

1. Make sure the ECU is sending the signal to the relay2. Make sure the relay is good and getting the power/grounds it needs3. Make sure the fuel pump fuse is good

If all else fails, hot wire it to a switch so you can make the meet
yea all of this stuff has been checked and still nothing. its kindve annoying to say the least!

tony-

kjlindgr

The odds of burning up two ECU's isn't very good if there isn't a wiring or other issue going on. Do you have spark and injector pulses?

tonis56

kjlindgr wrote:The odds of burning up two ECU's isn't very good if there isn't a wiring or other issue going on. Do you have spark and injector pulses?
that was my main arguement. The likelyhood of 2 of them going bad is real slim like you were saying. Im planning to take apart the harness and check all the wiring grounds, connections etc. Yea I have both, the car was running perfect about a month ago and then all the sudden while i was driving it cut out on me and hasnt really run since then.

tony-

kjlindgr

As lame as it is for a road car, you could bypass the ECU controlled relay and have it switch controlled, or wire the relay off another IGN +12 power source. It will run all the time when on instead of priming and shutting off when the engine is off...but as long as you still have spark and injectors firing, the car "should" run.

I've got my pumps wired direct bypassing the ECU and it works great...but my car situation may be a little different than yours.

If you wanna email me to chat more, hit me up: [email protected]. I don't want to clutter this thread too much.

StandardProspect
Car: '93 240sx '98 Q45

glitched wrote:to far away yet for me to tell if i can make.

I think you should come for sure

Age has nothing to do with this meet, its about people with 240's and other cars to come and talk about each others rides.

I really want to see your car

Return to “Midwest Region”