Wiring question.... and a couple of others

Discuss topics related to the CA18DE and CA18DET series engines.
DC2 GSR

Just wondering if anyone has instructions for wiring the CA18DET harness into that of a 1990 240SX (I've done the engine bay..... I'm wondering about the white plug under the passenger dash). I used instructions for an SR20DET but not all of the wiring colours seem to match up.

I'm also missing the igniter so I won't be able to start it yet but that's on it's way so I want to have it ready to plug and play.

Another problem I have is with the MAFS..... I don't have one from a CA..... can I use the KA24E MAFS?

I'm also missing the resistor for the injectors (called the "dropping resistor" in the FSM)...... will I need this? Can I use one from a Talon (Eclipse) for example?

That's all I can think of for now..... I'm sure I'll have more questions soon.

For now I'm not concerned with how well it runs..... I just want it to start.

Thanks guys!

looksLikeA240
Car: break dancing

It's dark outside now.. plus im lazy.. ut my ecu is chillen on the floor, i will go check and see what wires i connected to what other wires fromt eh white harness. I'll check in the morning or some time tommorow.

looksLikeA240

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...62776 hurry

If, you dont reply with in the hour of time left on the auction i will bid for you ..

DC2 GSR

Thanks man! I actually don't have an E-bay acct so Icouldn't bid if I wanted to...... I'm over in Ontario Canada...... some people don't want to ship over here. If you win the bid I'll buy it from you (if you want to sell it)..... just as long as the bidding doesn't go too high....i.e. over $50USD.

Thanks for looking out for me.

looksLikeA240

looks like its yours. Only thing i don't like about shipping to canada is customs check. They will rip packages open all to hell

looksLikeA240

where in canada are you from.. I shipped all the ka24de parts to this guy in ontario and the ***hole was supose to ship me an lsd, but he ripped me off. I spent lots of time and 50 dollars on shipping for nothing... so if you end up living near him.. i'll by you the part and ship it for free, if you send me a few pictures of you kicking his a** . This would require proof.. like a pic of you hitting him at the address that matches the one i shipped too.. heh anyways. i'll try and out bid the people

DC2 GSR

You want me to look him up? I live in Hamilton, Ontario Canada. What's his address? I have some pretty persuasive aquaintances.

Thanks again man. If you do get the MAFS I'll send you the money before you even put the thing in the mail.

looksLikeA240

haha yeah let me go get the name and address....

Anthony Abdul92 2bydale driveKitchener, Ontario, CanadaN2A3R2

don't really hurt him or anything.. i dont want to get sued. :}i'd be nice if he got scared and pissed himself or something.

nice bike.. I got a 2000 triumph tt. Good old 600's

Daunttless

hurt him, its worth it. : )

DC2 GSR

SWEEEEET!

I just got my bike about 2 months ago....... I never even thought about a Triumph......until I had my F4 and saw them at a local dealer..... sweet bike.....

Kitchener is only about an hour away from me.... If i'm ever in the neighbourhood I'll look him up.

Thanks again

Let me know if you win the auction. My e-mail is: [email protected]

I know I'm a Honda guy..... but I was a Nissan guy first..... After it failed the SMOG test it sat for a couple of years and now I'm trying to bring it back to life.

looksLikeA240

nothing wrong with hondas. Honda cars are kinda played out where im from. Some are very fast though. Honda bikes are the best. lovum if i had the ballz i would buy a rc51 but i'm too wus.

Auction ends in 7 minutes. I'll bid in about 5. how much should i go up to.. you really want to spend 50?

DC2 GSR

maybe not..... I guess up to 25 USD

Thanks

looksLikeA240

**** man... some guy out bid me

i went to 50 anyways.. was gonna cover yah.. damn

DC2 GSR

oh well, that shot up pretty fast there in the end

DC2 GSR

Thanks for trying..... I'm sure I'll be able to find one somewhere.

looksLikeA240

wow. i can't believe some other person needed that sensor that bad. they prolly thought it goes on a sr20det or something. I can't imagine too many people needing that part.

Maybe you can use a KA24E mafs. But maybe that only works with the sr's .

**** thats the only time i've ever lost an ebay auction. I feel ****ty now. Sorry!!

looksLikeA240

I emailed the guy who bought it... see what he says

Yht988_180sx

Sorry to let you know, but the MAF for the KA24E only works for the SR20DET. The CA18DET uses 4 pins on the MAF, whereas the KA24E only has 3 pins.

You're in luck cuz I have no need for my CA18DET MAF any more cuz i'm currently using a Z32 Twin Turbo MAF. I also got an extra dropping resistor just if you need it. The ca18det uses low impedence system and the dropping resistor is there to increase the resistance of the injectors.

PM me if you're interested.

DC2 GSR

It seems that I am unable to send PM's and I cannot access your e-mail.

Send me an e-mail at [email protected]....... I'm interested.

Thanks

DC2 GSR

Hey "LooksLikeA240",

Looks like I found a MAFS..... but thanks again for trying for me.

Did you happen to find out where all of the wires go under the dash..... what colour KA -> what colour CA?

No rush..... I was just gonna try to finish my wiring this weekend

Thanks

looksLikeA240

yeah.. i had to gay work today.. i'll be checking really soon

looksLikeA240

ummm yeah im very lazy and still have yet to check

DC2 GSR

Take your time,

The MAFS has not arrived yet so I couldn't even start it if Iwanted to.

I'll keep checking the site periodically.

Thanks

Return to “CA18DE / CA18DET Forum”