Wiring Q's for CA gurus out there

Discuss topics related to the CA18DE and CA18DET series engines.
CA18Fastback

Hey everyone! This is my first post here but I have been reading the boards for a lil while now and have plans to get a front clip from venus-auto. I was just wondering what all needs to be done to the wiring to get it to work in my 93? Shouldn't it just basically plug-n-play since the harness wont be cut? Where in particular would I have to splice and rewire if this is not the case? Sorry for all the questions but I searched and came up pretty empty-handed.

Thanks a ton,~Ian

slw240sx
Car: 1990 Ca18det 240sx Hatch

Okay, i just got my motor its already swaped into a 91 FB it was a front clip from venus auto, from what i can see the EFi harrnes is almost stock. the MAF wires were extended and there are other wires that were just spliced, ground wires.i think the relay box on the passenger side may have to have a few things wired into it , but its almost plug it into the car an do a few connects an its good to go, just make sure you do it right an make good strong connections, mine wasnt an it cause it to loose spark an it was sold to me because of that and i had it sparking the next day an it should be up in running on my next visit to work on it

Bryson
Car: 93 240sx Hatchback /w Sr20

Hey There,

I got my CA18 from Venus about a month ago and from what the owner of the shop its sitting at has told me, the wires are all cut up. You might want to ask the guy (Ron)? From Venus-Auto whether or not the wiring harness is cut.. I could have sworn I asked him and he said no it wasn't, but ??? other than that it worked out well with them I got my engine in only a few days after he recieved my cashiers check and other than the bonified wires all seems in order.

CA18Fastback

so you both got your front clips from Venus? Thats where I ordered from. How do you like everything? So your wiring was all cut up? I think I asked him about the wiring being cut and he said no but maybe I dreamt that haha :pface i'll e-mail him today to check though. so it all just plugs right in? cuz i always here people saying that wiring for the sr and for the ca is a ****** but i never knew why if it was all there and intact.

thanksIan

slw240sx

well you have to lengthen wires so you can put the ecu on the passenger side, also you have to wire it into the cars main harness parts of relays an stuff, my motor came originaly from venus but i bought it off the kid who bought from them, it had stopped running an he gave up on it, he said somthing about the tps being busted upon arrival other then that he was happy with it till it quit running, but it only stopped because of the installers ghetto install

CA18Fastback

I just got an e-mail back from Venus and he said "all wireharness are uncut" so I guess there's our answer. Are there any common problems with the wiring? So I just have to exend some wires and plug it all in? Doesn't sound all to difficult but I guess we'll find out soon enough. Anybody know anyhing I should know before I do the swap? I see tons of swap info on Srs but hardlyany for CAs.

Thanks!~Ian

koop

aye im getting my ca from venus too! i put a deposit last week and ronald said that i should get it by the 30th.. hope it comes soon, i cant wait! :) anyways, i have some questions regarding the wiring too.. i haven't really found any info with the wiring, but i have heard that it should be very similar to wiring up an sr.. is this true? are there any differences at all? did anybody encounter any problems doing the swap? also, if someone has a wiring diagram or a write up on the wiring, it would help alot.. thanks in advance..

CA18Fastback

Yeah, I sent my deposit(on Friday) but I don't know where I am gonna have it sent to yet, lol. I guess I should figure that out soon, huh? :D Does anybody have a link I could go to about CA18 wiring? Or an install would be perfect but I doubt there are any for 240s out there.

Thanks everyone!~Ian

slw240sx

ill post a tutorial (sp?) when i do mine ill photograph all the stages of wiring, actual install, the auto to manual swap also, and the reworking or changing of the power steering systemn since mines goin from a 91 to a 90 where they changed slightly.ill also try to include what i learn from the vacumn setups i encounter an how to remove the emissions systemns like mine is already

koop

slw240sx wrote:ill post a tutorial (sp?) when i do mine ill photograph all the stages of wiring, actual install, the auto to manual swap also, and the reworking or changing of the power steering systemn since mines goin from a 91 to a 90 where they changed slightly.ill also try to include what i learn from the vacumn setups i encounter an how to remove the emissions systemns like mine is already

coo.. that would really help out alot! :D

Return to “CA18DE / CA18DET Forum”