wiring involved when dealing with an LS1 in an S14 and some other ?'s

V8 240sx? Sure! If either the chassis OR the engine is non-Nissan (i.e. SR20 in an RX-7 or LS1 in a 240sx), we've done it.
greddy2die

ive been thinking about doing an LS1 into my 97 S14. I saw that XAT Racing did an LS1 swap and retained a/c and p/s, so since I saw that I definitly got even more interested.

My question is, what kinda of wiring is involved with this swap? I would need to cross swap an F body wiring harness and a 240 wiring correct, almost like doing an SR swap right?

Obviously, other stuff that I would need for the swap to work would be:motortrannyecuwiring harnessmount kittranny mountdriveshaftradiatore-fansgto oil pan

what else would I need?

aftermarket headers?

Also, I see people say stuff about the clutch system...like the lines and stuff obviously.

What would I need to get? clutch master, clutch slave, clutch lines?

thank you, any and all info would be great

cnichols
Car: 96 Nissan 240SX, 99 Infiniti Q45, 93 Ford Fastiva

I can sell you the Power Steering and clutch stuff (or PM me for details).

Can't really help you with the wiring because I went with a Painless Wiring Standalone.

From what little I know, a stock GM harness really only needs power given to it in like 5 places, which can easily be drawn from the F3 plug in the S14. You will basically be able to completely scrap the engine harness from the KA, but keep the F3 plug and a foot or so of wire coming off it.

I used Hinson Headers and highly recommend them. At $800, you're already under any other set of LS1 longtubes on the market (besides Pacesetter maybe) and they work very well.

Otherwise, your list looks pretty complete. You will run across plenty of small things along the way, but just tackle them as they arise.

XofXtimeX
Car: 95' 240

Chris pretty much summed it up. Another great place to look is on LS1Tech.com in the hybrid section. There is some great information on there.

http://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=618967

This is a thread Chris started on there and it helped me out a ton with doing the pedal and made somthing difficult into somthing so easy with all the information posted on that page. I believe on page 3 it has everything you need listed as far as lines and adaptors go.

Joe

i need the power steering stuff

what do i need to buy

haha

cnichols
Car: 96 Nissan 240SX, 99 Infiniti Q45, 93 Ford Fastiva

Natedawg500
Car: 1997 240sx/ls1 swap

powersteering stuff - jegs has russel or earl fittings can't remember thats what i went with for my hardline. was like 40-50$

any questions hit me up on aim: natedawg500

btw nice car chris saw it a few months ago at nopi STL

Return to “Hybrids”