wiring harness install

Nissan 300ZX technical discussion forum: Maintenance, performance, installations, modifications, how-to's and troubleshooting.
Camwinning
Car: Nissan 300zx twin Turbo 1990 fairlady Z

hello all im engine swapping my 1990 twin turbo 300zx and just installed a new z1 motorsports harness. I have been searching around and cant find a good install guide or diagram to show where most of the connectors go. Anyone have pictures or a write up of this ?

itsa300zx
Car: 1990 300zx NA W/TT swap
2011 Nissan Rouge S
2008 Highlander SR5

Sorry I do not have any pictures;

I would think that Z1 should have technical support for the items they make and sell; Ask them of tech support.

Also they say all the connectors are discretely labelled so that should make install a breeze, wouldn't you think?

I installed a used harness a few year back with no labels at all every thing just fell into where they are suppose to go, I probably got lucky.

I'm just trying to remember this from few years ago:

Once the harness come out of the fire wall (pass side) the first bunch of wires goes up the middle of the firewall and lay in the middle of the upper plenum; these are the inj, coil, fuel temp and ground. Maybe pass O2 sensor, boost, vtc and AIV too.

Second batch is for the rear of the engine stuff, 3 ACIV, O2, egr, VTC, knock sensor, and grounds.

The remainder runs along the driver side of the engine to the front and driver side connectors, (PRVR, 2 TPS, 3 fuse block, left side boost,AC, CAS, PTU, 2 coolant temp.

Return to “300ZX (Z32) Technical”