Wiring advice needed - XM receiver

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Msdarkdiva
Car: 2008 Rogue SL AWD Silver Ice

I’ve been trying to do a search on this topic but haven’t been able to come up with something specifically for the Rogue.

I have a XM Xpress-RC receiver that I want to use between the car and home and I’d like to know how to wire up my receiver to the pre-existing factory XM antenna, (rather than using XM’s external ugly antenna). Does anyone have instructions, diagram or a link on how to do this? Does Metra or some other company make a cable/adapter for this?

Leo2005

Hmm. You got factory XM antenna? I definetely don't have it and had to use XM antenna that I got with Pioneer adapter. Is there factory xm adapter for original radio too?

Msdarkdiva

Leo2005 wrote:Hmm. You got factory XM antenna?
When I bought my vehicle it came with XM for 6 months, so I know that a XM antenna is already integrated into my Rogue. I just want to know if it is possible to take an external XM receiver and somehow connect it to the XM antenna that is already there.

Msdarkdiva

Y'know, maybe I should start by asking this: where is the XM tuner located in the Rogue? Is it in the back (like some Muranos) or is it in the front, with the stock tuner?

dob

It is behind the left side, lower rear panel in the cargo area.

Msdarkdiva

Thanks dob!

I guess I'll start there and try to figure it out!

dob

You may need an adapter to use the stock antenna unless you want to mod the plug. I just tried doing the opposite by plugging a magnetic antenna into the factory receiver. It won't go in as is - the aftermarket plug diameter is just a hair too large. So, on the flip side, the stock antenna may be a little loose if you were to try it.

You would definitely need an extension cable for the antenna in order to run it all the way up front.

SteveTheTech
Car: 15 Sentra SR
12 G37x Coupe
-Formerly-
05 Mazda 6 L3 Sport, 95 J30, 94 D22

Great Advice DOB! Welcome to the group!

I will look into this but an extension cable and some wiring skills may be needed to get this right. I do not know if there are adapters to connect the antenna wire circuit like this.

If you are going to try to connect the wires remember that Satellite radio wires are a coaxial wire and in order to keep the antenna working you will have to connect the wires in the inside, then wrap them in insulation then connect the ground wire mesh over the signal wire then wrap it all up.

Have any other owners figured this one out? Or attempted this?

nismo1

Here are some wiring diagrams and stuff to help you out!!I hope these help you, I highlighted the connector for the antenna!!-Jamie

mx6bfast
Car: 08 Rogue SL FWD

Could one replace the XM radio with a Sirius radio?

mstrmstr
Car: Venom Red ROGUE 08...and 4 others

My Rogue came with 3 months of Sirius not XM.

The companys merged but services are still separate

dob

mx6bfast wrote:Could one replace the XM radio with a Sirius radio?
You most certainly can! Parts will tell you that they don't have a Sirius receiver for the Rogue, but that's because Nissan is no longer contracted with Sirius (I told them I needed it for an 06 Altima).

The part number is 999U9-AS006. You can use the existing mounting hardware and even the antenna. You'll need to shave off the little tab on the receiver input to slide it on - that's the only physical difference between the two units. After having it working for about a month, I'll even go so far as to say that the reception is better with the stock XM antenna than with the windshield mounted sigma Sirius antenna (I have that on my other vehicle).

Return to “Rogue Forum”