wiring a eccs ka24e into a 510

Discussion forum for the venerable 510, and its non-US counterparts, the Datsun 1600 and Bluebird.
five_dime
Car: cars music

Does anyone know exactly how to wire a ka24e into a 510? The diagram I have for the motor doesn't show the full system so i'm not sure what to do. I've got the thing running but not very well. The car dies when it's winding down to idle. if anyone knows please help.

Thanks

ca18datsun510
Car: bmw 330i zhp, 91 infiniti m30, 89 240sx, 07 zx6r, 05 trx450r

you got a vacuum leak id guess. probably between the maf and throttle body. check that first.

datsunboy
Car: Datsuns

if you got it running fine other than that...then I'd also say you have a leak too.also check that you have all the little vacume nipples on the plenum plugged or something connected too.

five_dime

cool i'm gonna check it more carefuly today but I don't think I have any leaks. I thought I pluged everything.thanksguys

SxMachine
Car: Im on a horse

Double check and triple check. Sometimes those old Kae's have hellified vac and sensor probs.

five_dime

Thanks everyone for all your help.

Ok this is the run down. I took off the intake manifold yesterday and checked for leaks and couldn't find any. The only thing I could think of was the egr plate that I made so I took it off and hit it with a good amount of liquid gasket. Then I removed the butterflys atached to the intake headers and sealed off all the holes with jb weld. After hooking everything back up I found it was still having the same problem only now it performed a little better.

Now let me tell you my real concern. Before I even started this thing I removed most of the sensors including all the sensors atached to the back of the cylinder head and the one under the throtle atached to the little vacume lines. I did this because I was planing on running an EFI system from a 1980 200sx. But that didn't work out very well so I decided to try this.

All the sensors I'm running are the tps, trotle switch, afm, air regulator, engine temp, and crank angle. I tried to setup the fidc and the aac but they just cause the engine to idle high and sometimes spiraticly serge the idle despite adjustments to the idle screw.

dont know if this will even work the way I have it any sugestions would be very helpful thanks

max

SxMachine
Car: Im on a horse

Check the following:egr, cts (coolant temp sensor), bpt and tps. Those relate to idle directly. Also your aacv and iac. Make sure there isn't any corrosion or dirt fouling up the vac lines as well

HybridOne
Car: swaps

i am currently installing an S14 ka24de into a 71 510. And we are stuck on wiring. The motor and tranny is in and bolted up, and we have the starter turning over, and the fuel pump working, but we have no spark. Is there a write up on the basic wiring? The ECU has power and everything, we just can't seem to get it to start up. If you could help at all i would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.

Return to “Datsun 510 / Bluebird”