wiper

1980-1986 Datsun 720 forums. All 720-specific topics and discussion can be found here.
85Nissan720

hey all have a question i put a new wiper motor and switch in my truck and the windshield wiper still wont work but i can hook up a hot wire to the plug on the wiper motor and it works anyone have any idea's how to fix it or whats wrong with it

PEZi
Car: Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX Mitsubishi Racing Edition

my guess is that the wiring somewhere along the line has been messed up over time... try using all new wire from the switch in the cab to the motor and see if it works...

if not... remove the wipers like me and just use a rain repellent gel coating

85Nissan720

anyone have a wiring diagram

flinterman2000
Car: 2000 Nissan Wingroad, 85 Datsun 720 Pick Up.

Did you check the fuses. If you did, tap off any wire in the fuse box in the on position and bring that to the switch. Run the wires from the switch to the motor, interchanging them to get the right position for slow and fast and /or intermittent if supplied. No need for a wiring diagram unless you want to fix the original wiring. The diagram is in the manual section EL page 62. Sixth fuse from the left. I'm using the 1st revision. Low speed - blue with white stripe, high speed - blue with red stripe, black - ground, supply - blue,washer Black with white stripe. In the joint box, the supply - top left, low - bottom left, washer - top middle, high - bottom right and the ground - top right. Hope this helps.

flinterman2000
Car: 2000 Nissan Wingroad, 85 Datsun 720 Pick Up.

Did you check the fuses. If you did, tap off any wire in the fuse box in the on position and bring that to the switch. Run the wires from the switch to the motor, interchanging them to get the right position for slow and fast and /or intermittent if supplied. No need for a wiring diagram unless you want to fix the original wiring. The diagram is in the manual section EL page 62. Sixth fuse from the left. Low speed - blue with white stripe, high speed - blue with red stripe, black - ground, supply - blue,washer Black with white stripe. In the joint box, the supply - top left, low - bottom left, washer - top middle, high - bottom right and the ground - top right. Hope this helps.

Return to “Datsun 720”