Winter wheel (or aftermarket) changeover

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
kamiguy
Car: 2008 EX Scarlet silver wheat interior.. all options

Like so many other people here I want to change over to 17" wheels and tires mainly to protect my factory rims from harsh road conditions in the winter. And 17"snows are way easier to find. However, the Infiniti dealer advised that the tire pressure monitoring system will blink at me all winter, but that's nothing that a small black piece of tape over the indicator can't fix! When it's time to reinstall the factory rims and tires the TPMS would need to be reinitialized at the dealers again. It appears there are TPMS sensors that could be installed in the winter or aftermarket wheels but they seem to be about $350and again, would need to be initialized at the dealers. Anyone had any experience with this?

EXceptional
Car: 2008 Aspen Pearl EX35 Freakin Loaded!

Is there maybe a Fuse, you could pull for the Winter Months... and then re-insert when Summer rolls around ?

The "TPMS" and "initialization" is something that the Winter Tire Choice threads have NOT addressed.

kamiguy
Car: 2008 EX Scarlet silver wheat interior.. all options

Good tip, and thanks for your reply, Dean. Being new to a forum I guess I should have added that query to the winter tire thread.

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”