Winter weather

Home of the Nissan Cube forum and CubeDriver.com
OctoberKillz
Car: 2009 Nissan Cube 1.8S

Soo those of us on the East Coast, depending on where you were, received massive amounts of snow this past weekend. If you were one of the few who were caught out in the storm driving your Cube, I was not one of them, how did it handle through the ice and snow? I'm just curious to how well it does in this type of weather, but I'm assuming the car handles pretty well..

Modified by OctoberKillz at 2:43 AM 12/22/2009
Modified by OctoberKillz at 2:45 AM 12/22/2009

Heavy Metal Doctor

I didn't drive mine during the storm, but it has handled just fine through the leftover shlush / ice back and forth to work yesterday. The traction control stuff kicked in a few times and it did feel like a made a difference. I turned it off anyway 'cause I'm used to having full thottle available and just going by "feel" of the wheel slip.

Here it burried in the driveway:

OctoberKillz

Ohh ok, that's really good then. The leftover slush and puddles didn't bother me at all really either. Looks like you guys got a whole lot more snow then we did. I don't think we hit more than 6 inches and your entire car is covered lol.

Heavy Metal Doctor

yeah, all over my area was anywhere from 18 to 24".I got home last night to find the county finaly cleared our road all the way back to the edges (was just a lane and a half) and they even had front-end loader widen the opening at my driveway....Things are worse in the more developed areas closer to DC - lanes that disapear into snowbanks, messed up intersections...an all-around mess....

OctoberKillz

Yeahh, I saw some of the reports on the news for those areas and I've never seen snow that high hahah better you guys than us lol.

Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas Everyone!

Heavy Metal Doctor

Here's some more for ya.....50 miles of this stuff coming to work this morning, which was worse than that last storms leftovers since they hadn't even begun to treat the roads. ( I know it's a lousy pic, but I was kind busy at the time )

The traction control indicator lit up pretty often. You just feel the slip before it kicks in and the throttle cuts back. I can't say I realy like it or dislike it. It just makes you not have to feather the throttle - just even steady throttle and the car goes. Pulling uphill was def. easier. I drove right up hills I could see others had spun continiously to the top. The only really scarey spots where the steep downhills - once gravity takes over all the 4wd / traction control in the world won't save ya. Overall, with good winter tires at least up front, I think this thing will be as good as any car I've driven.

VersaMG08
Car: '10 Mazda 3 s hatchback
'14 Nissan 370z

We haven't had that much snow since the blizzard of 2006, that was terrible.

Return to “Cube Forum”