Winter vs techno gadgets

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
morning_glory
Car: EX35

My EX35 is full equipped. As the winter will come someday (I live in Quebec), I am wondering how all the techno gadgets will react with low temp. snow, ice, calcium, etc.I mean the Lane Departure Prevention and Lane Departure Warning, Intelligent Cruise Control, all the cameras, etc.

Frenchie
Car: EX 35

I am not worry about winter time and my Infiniti.It's me second Infiniti. My previous one was an G 35X and I passed 4 winter with it.

My concern this year is to find winter tires for the 18 inches wheel. Did you ask to your dealer what will be his suggestion ?

I had for the past years Brigstone LM22 and I loved them. Brigstone WS60 could be an exellent choice but no 18 inches for my EX.

Did you see the price for tires in USA they are a lot cheaper !

I thinks that worth the trip to Plastsburg.

Franchie

FLAMEX
Car: EX35

ICC does not work when its snowing , probably due to build up on the sensor. Shouldnt use cruise during those conditions anyway. LDW can only work when the lines on the road are distinguishable.Biggest winter issue I had was buildup of grunge on the front and rear camera lenses.

mik3025
Car: 2008 Black on Black AWD EX35 and 2007 Black AWD Audi TTS Roadster

I just bought on ebay a set of (4) 17 inches oem wheels for ex35 including summer tires. they are brand new. I paid $900 for all wheels including michelin tires that I could probably sell back for a couple of $100. I installed continental winter tires for $139 each . theres two sets left on ebay/wheel source http://www.wheelssource.com/servlet/StoreFrontThis way you will preserve your 18 inches wheel. I verified with the stealer and those 17 inches sell for $1000 each.What a deal !

dividedhighw
Car: 2008 EX35 AWD (Technology Pkg)

Hey "mik"!

How did you get them shipped to you in Canada, and what was your landed cost (if you don't mind me asking)? BTW, if you'd rather tell me via email, I'm up for that.

TIA!David

dividedhighw

I've used Toyo winter tires on my Audi and Subaru vehicles over the past decade plus, and have zero complaints. I used to run Hakkapeliitta tires, but found the Toyos as good performance-wise, while being less costly. Compared to friends who've had Blizzaks, the Toyos seemed to wear more gradually, especially in warmer temperatures.

As usual, ymmv (literally and figuratively)!!

I'm definitely getting winter tires for my new EX, but want to use 17" wheels to enhance tire selection (& lower cost) while saving my 18" ones for summer.

Cheers,David

mik3025

David $130 and they were send as a demo product and I did not pay any taxes. you can call them direct, they have a 1-800 number on the web site.My wheels were totally new, perfect packaging and one week shipping. Jump on them it is worth it.originally they had 10 sets and now they are down to 2Good luck

Timmbo
Car: 2013 Infiniti JX35 AWD & 2013 Nissan Maxima Sport Pkg

morning_glory wrote:My EX35 is full equipped. As the winter will come someday (I live in Quebec), I am wondering how all the techno gadgets will react with low temp. snow, ice, calcium, etc.I mean the Lane Departure Prevention and Lane Departure Warning, Intelligent Cruise Control, all the cameras, etc.
I had the "I-Cruise" on my '04QX56 and rarely had a problem with the that or the back up camera. Sometimes the camera would get full of salt spray, but I just wiped it off once and a while. If the temps were warm enough for the highway to be slushy, yet cold enough to freeze on a moving vehicle, the I-Cruise would get a little goofy, but that happened very rarely.

dividedhighw

Thanks for the lightning reply! Awesome - seems well worth it (especially since they're willing to "help out" tax-wise)!!

I assume the TPMS sensors were included? If not, I need to figure in the cost of those as well.

Also, does anyone know how to re-register the TPMS sensors when you change/rotate tires? Do you need something like an OBD tool?

Thanks!David

mik3025

I think that only 18" come with the sensors.I had one of my 18" wheel replaced when I got the car (scratch) and had to go back to the dealer cause the sensor tire light came on. they had to reprogram the sensor with the car computerThe 17" I just bought don`t have it

dividedhighw

That's odd. I just checked the sales brochure and it specifically mentions TPMS as a standard feature for "Accident Avoidance". That leads me to believe that it should have been included even with 17" wheels ... no?

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”