Winter tire advice needed for JX35 with 20" tires

Discussion forum for the Infiniti JX35 / Infiniti QX60 - This 7-seat premium crossover dominates the class.
engineer4all
Car: JX35

Hi,

As the winter season is approaching, I seek your advice about what winter tires. I bought my JX35 last summer. It came with the 20" tires (235x55x20). Now my questions are:

1- Do you recommend buying 20" winter tire and place them on the original rims or go lower to 18" with black steel rims?

2- Which do you prefer Toyo ( GSi-5 or G3-ICE) or BridgeStone Blizzak GM-V2?

3- Any extra recommendations is appreciated...

Thx ;)
Last edited by Rogue One on Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Revised title

Addicted2fishing
Car: 2013 Infiniti JX 35

Hi there ! I've had many vehicles and my wife also.

What we've typically done is use a smaller wheel and it saves on tire prices also. It's a win win. Winter tires are really soft compared to all season and if the weather warms up the larger sidewall in my opinion is safer and more comfortable.

Mounting tires on rims is also more costly than a simple swap. In my area a tire swap is about $100 and a mounted swap is $30. That's a huge savings right there for fall and spring. If you can source out some aluminum wheels on a classifieds site. Even if they are replicas. Steel rims do the job but aluminum will last longer and clean easier.

I highly recommend Yokohama geolandar and the blizzak. My two cents

Holeecow
Car: 2013 JX35

I got the Toyo observe gsi5's for my other two SUVs and they were really good. Would def purchase again.

Return to “Infiniti JX35 / QX60 Forum”