Winter safety warning

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
njr

I was driving my Rogue today with about two inches of snow from last night on the roof of the car. I had cleaned the windows and the hood but left most of the accumulation on top of the car. I was just going a short distance on country roads and had taken most of the edges off, but left the top alone. Suddenly all that snow slid forward onto the windshield and hood and completely blocked the view. I stopped and started the windshield wipers and it took away the block of snow, but if I had been on any other kind of road, I would have crashed or someone would have run into me when I stopped. I could not have seen well enough to find the shoulder, and in the time it took to clean the windshield.... well, BE SURE TO CLEAN OFF SNOW FROM THE TOP of your cars. The angle of the roof line makes this an accident waiting to happen.

NJR

njr

Kerrton,

Unfortunately you did not read the post very carefully. I was not on a highway, and I cleaned most of the snow off except on the top which is frankly hard to reach.

I have driven for several decades, and I have NEVER had a problem like this with any cars I have driven: a Jeep, several Subarus and a couple of Hondas. So I am NOT blaming the Rogue, but the sloped design of the roof line made something happen that never happened before, and drivers who are not as all-knowing (or smug) as you are, might want to be warned.

This is supposedly a forum for information, not abuse.

kerrton
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL FWD Gotham Gray

Hey come on, I'm sorry, I even deleted the post, I wasn't trying to abuse you, people who don't clear the snow off their hoods and roof just really get to me because it is just laziness and it's so dangerous.

No abuse intended, if it came across that way I apologize. Thanks for sharing something that could prevent people from getting hurt, and I'll make sure I think before I respond to messages in the future.

njr

Apology gratefully accepted.

Roguemeister

Excellent tip for us winter-snow-bound kinda people!!

Even though up here no snow as of yet. Today was even kinda warm at 12C (54F). I washed and waxed the convertible getting ready to store it this Saturday for the winter and bring out the Rogue.

I have one of those snow brushes that have the extension on the handle; that should come in handy for doing the roof. I think I got it at Costco last year.

Cheers!

RubenTheRogue
Car: 2008 Rogue SL AWD

Thanks for the tip (sarcasm)...living in NY, I see you type of ppl everywhere, too lazy to clean off your car properly. I particularly love it when the snow and ice comes flying off the roof back at me who is driving behind you at 55 mph, or more on the interstates. I have had my windshield broken more than once by ice, yes even punctured and I was hit inside the vehicle.Thank you for making me react to save my own *ss from your ineptitude.

Thanks again for the tip.

And yes, I am being rude...how pompous of you to give us all this little insight into your thoughtfulness...maybe you can just clean off your car next time and skip the thread post.

Schmitty
Car: Rogue

Out here in CO, or at least Colorado Springs you'll get a ticket if you don't clean the snow and ice from the top of your car in winter time. Shocking to me that people wouldn't do it in the first place that they'd have to make a law for it.

jmbones

It's illegal in PA to have any snow on your vehicle, it must all be cleared off before driving. The was just put in a few years ago. Now, having them enforce it is another thing.

Jimothy12
Car: 08 Rogue SL AWD

REMINDER: When cleaning off snow from cars, never use a broom. It will scratch the paint.

Return to “Rogue Forum”