Winter Protection Tips???

The Internet's ONLY forum for 240sx convertible information and the official home of the 240sx Convertible Club of America!
Lord Umoja
Car: 1993 240SX 'Vert

So this is the first year that my Vert will not have garage storage for the winter months. I wanted to see, for all of those of you who live in snowy climates, how do you protect the top and especially the rear window through the winter months? Right now the car has a quality outdoor cover on it but I'm still a little spooked. I really don't want to damage the rear window since I can't swing the cost of a new top at this time.

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

An aluminum carport comes to mind...

Lord Umoja
Car: 1993 240SX 'Vert

Sadly I'm on a tiny lot and the HOA won't even allow a small shed let alone a carport. I'll just have to clean the garage and put the wife's crap in the basement.

Hijacker
Car: '92 240sx Convertible
'94 F-150

It was 7 years before I had a carport to plop my 'vert in and nothing bad happened to it. The best advice I can give is to make sure that you knock the snow off it during heavy storms. The weight can stretch the fabric. Also, don't put the top up and down once it gets cold enough for the plastic in the window to become brittle. If you have access to a garage, I highly recommend storing your car in there. But I'd recommend that for any car, not just a vert.

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

HOAs... ugh. I didn't realize you have a garage and a basement. It's a good excuse to get organized, prioritize and reduce clutter. That sounds best. Between your car cover and hijackers tips (pretty good ones imho), I suppose that could hold you over until your space is cleared in the garage.

Return to “240SX Convertible Forum”