Windshield Wiper Power

General discussion forum for J30 and M30 owners!
Gerardjg
Car: 2007 Cobalt LS
2011 Hyundai Accent
2016 Kia Optima

Hello all it has been a while since I gave the J to my son many years ago I only see it when there are troubles :)

The wipers do not work after troubleshooting for awhile tonight I got to the fuse box and there is no power to the fuse. The wiring diagram shows the fuse is powered directly from ign switch. any suggestions where to start looking for a problem. He also just now told me as I am typing that the power mirrors and the cruise control also stopped working would there be anything common to all 3.

Where is the time control unit located?

Thanks in advance

J30tChumpCar
Car: 1995 J30t Totaled @ Charlotte motor speedway
1994 J30 gutted caged road racer Now with VH45DE!
1966 Chevy Corvair V8 mid-ship conversion

Timer module should be on the drivers left foot well fuse block

fourdrinie
Car: 97 J30

Check out page EL-268 for location of time control unit.
I would also check out the wiper relay in the engine compartment, page EL-267 for location.

Gerardjg
2011 Hyundai Accent
2016 Kia Optima

I took the power from the RH window fuse and ran it to the circuit side of the wipers fuse location the wipers work fine this way.

After a little more trouble shooting 1/2 of the top row of fuses have no power . there is no power to the audio fuse, mirror fuse,power antenna,cigarette lighter and wiper fuses. If I hook up 12 volts to the circuit side of these fuse locations(with the fuses removed) all of these devices work.Has anyone ever disassembled the fuse box I read it is several layers of circuit boards? I had it out and it looked clean no corrosion all relays on the back tested OK. There is a J in a local junk yard will head there Saturday for the fuse box and swap them and see if that helps.

Could this be an ignition switch problem :confused:

fourdrinie

I would check accessory relay #2
which can be seen on page CEL109
looks like it's right above the time control unit....
might want to swap relay #1 and #2 and see if works

Gerardjg
2011 Hyundai Accent
2016 Kia Optima

Thanks Fourdrinie will do next weekend when He brings the car over, To get him going I ran power to the wipers from the RH window fuse with a fuse tap. The wipers work high and low but no intermittent ?. The other items not powered he can live without for now.

Can the relay be accessed without removing the fuse box?

fourdrinie

Gerard, if you look at the pages I referenced in the FSM, you can see exactly where the relays are. They are accessed without removing the fuse box.
The lack of intermittent mode on the wipers will probably lie in the time control module unit as referenced above

Return to “J30 Forum / M30 Forum”