Windshield Wiper - Fix

Member area: Post up your ride and the modifications to date
tollboothwilley
Car: 2003 G35 Sedan w/ NAV

Symptoms : wipers not going full range of motion wipers smack down to rest position with loud thunk

Reason : link assembly arms have breakaway plastic to protect motor from burning up due to excessive use or heavy loads (as with snow)

Tools Used: socket wrench with 10mm and 14mm sockets flathead pliers/vicegrip/channel locks

part number is:28841-AM600for 2003 G35 Sedan

Remember, mine was the lower link, and there are two. Make sure which one is bad.

This was from a while ago, but I thought I'd put this in a new thread so people could see/find it more easily. IT becomes a more common issue in winter due to the snow.

srv2nv

Excellent write up and very helpful! I actually found this by mistake but had wondered how to do it for sometime now, thanks!

SteveTheTech
Car: 15 Sentra SR
12 G37x Coupe
-Formerly-
05 Mazda 6 L3 Sport, 95 J30, 94 D22

Great writeup John.

If that's not already on the list of future articles it will be there.

steverichard
Car: Laser Red 2005 G35 Coupe

Thanks much for the info.I did have my mechanic check it out. Axillary lighting in the summer was plugged into the wiper relay by mistake. Wipers work great now.

txg35
Car: 2003 Infiniti G35

Thank you so much for the excellent instruction in your post, tollboothwilley. I had consulted the dealership which diagnosed the problem as a bad wiper motor assembly and was told that parts and labor would run me about $450. Instead of taking that route I decided to search the web for a solution. Your post was a lifesaver, as well as a wallet saver. I then went online to Sewell Infiniti Parts and ordered both of the connecting links, the upper and lower, and had them shipped to my door for less than $40. The part numbers are:

28841 - AM600 (the short link/lower), which you mentioned in your post, as well as
28842 - AL500 (the long/upper link).

All in all it took me about a half hour and 1 longneck (beer) to, once again, have perfect, fluid and 'quite' wiper motion.

Thank you again,

TxG35

Proud Owner of a 2003 Infiniti G35

Return to “G35 and G37 Modification database”