Windshield Washer Fluid Low Indicator? Does not seem to be one

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
lozen13

Does the rogue have an indicator to let you know your windshield wiper fluid is low?

I have ran out twice and no light comes on. Maybe I am missing something.

Derango
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD w/ Premium Package

There's one listed in the owners manual. Are you sure it just didn't freeze up?

lozen13

Looks like it just doesnt work

Superdave54
Car: 2008 Rogue

The manual says "if so equipped" when referring to the Low Fluid Indicator. My guess is that it is part of the SL package.

Do you have an indicator light during the test sequence when you first turn the car on?

lenvoile
Car: nissan rogue, nissan maxima, nissan frontier

Superdave54 wrote:The manual says "if so equipped" when referring to the Low Fluid Indicator. My guess is that it is part of the SL package.

Do you have an indicator light during the test sequence when you first turn the car on?
Mine is a SL AWD PREMIUM PACKAGE with Leather and the low fluid indicator doesn't work either! I refilled twice since i bought the car.

brogue
Car: 2008 Rogue

My washer fluid also ran dry on me last week, with no warning light. I'll be asking the dealer about this.

peleke
Car: 2008 Rogue SL AWD, Indigo Blue, premium package, leather, moonroof

I have the SL AWD w/ premium package and I've never noticed a wiper fluid light on before start up. I suppose I may not have it. In which section would I even look for that particular light?

mrdrew

The light works on mines. I got the SL AWD premium package w/ leather I did not top up top up the washer fluid and today used it a lot in the snow and the light did come on.

computerguy
Car: 2005 350Z Roadster/2021 ROGUE Platinum AWD

Check Page 2-11 it shows the symbol, Page 2-15 explains it's function.

lozen13

Well I looked more into it and have the AWD Premium package no leather and see no light. Will wait till 6 months and see if i can con the dealer into a warranty repair as mine is a "Rogue" rogue from USA

philipa_240sx

I think this may answer everyone's question:

In the Factory Service Manual (Section WW-83) on removing the washer tank:

Quote »Disconnect washer level switch connector. (for Canada models)[/quote]Sorry, only us Canucks got the low washer fluid indicator. Our American friends didn't get this option.

I have verified this by looking through the openings under the bumper. I could clearly see the washer level switch and wiring on the bottom of the tank. I'll let mine run dry and see if it comes on.

cdmuile
Car: Nissan Rogue, Scion tC RS4.0

Probably because you Canucks always clean your windshields. Down here we seldom clean them...........uses too much fluid.

Msdarkdiva
Car: 2008 Rogue SL AWD Silver Ice

Hmm... Do you think it something that can be added on?

philipa_240sx

With the amount of road salt used in Southern Ontario, washer fluid is not just a convenience it's a matter of life and death! I go through 6-8 jugs of fluid every winter.

Msdarkdiva,

Unfortunately the FSM does not indicate if US models come with the wiring.If it's there, there should be an oval shaped plug with 2 wires (white and black) located near the washer fluid tank. You can access the tank by removing the plastic fender liner on the passenger side.

Assuming the plug is there and the warning lamp is in place, it would be a simple matter of replacing the washer fluid bottle with the unit that includes the level switch.

BTW, my Rogue is an SL FWD. No options. The low washer fluid indication appears to be standard on Canadian models. Perhaps others who have bought thier Rogue's in Canada can confirm this. It would be very bizarre if it wasn't since every Nissan I've owned had the low fluid indication.

Cristen
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL FWD - Venetian Red

I haven't ever seen it appear on my Rogue yet (not even when I start it up). I haven't run out of fluid yet either... should I see it briefly when I start up my car (its a Canadian Rogue).

philipa_240sx

No I do not see the indicator at start up. It is supposedly located to the left of the tach needle near the 0 rpm mark.

It's going to take a while to empty the washer tank's 4.5l capacity. Mine is half gone.

Msdarkdiva
Car: 2008 Rogue SL AWD Silver Ice

Try to see if you can see it in the sun or looking at the dial with a flashlight- it was sunny yesterday and I was able to make out a couple of the indicator patterns on the speedometer without them being lit, but I had no idea where to look for one for the washer! Now that I know where to look, of course, today is cloudy and gray!

philipa_240sx

I can see the faint outline of the low washer indicator. It's between the tach needle and the 0 rpm mark.

Cristen
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL FWD - Venetian Red

Wiper fluid indicator came on today on the way home - just where you said it was.

Return to “Rogue Forum”