Windshield washer fluid EX 35

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
kamiguy
Car: 2008 EX Scarlet silver wheat interior.. all options

Has anyone noticed that the fluid for the rear window washer is a different color than that for the front one? The rear fluid has a purple tinge to it while the front fluid, on my car, is clear. This would lead one to believe that there is a seperate tank for the rear but there is no mention of this in the manual. And nooooo I haven't been smokin' anything...
Modified by kamiguy at 8:00 PM 10/5/2008

302@12psi

Taking an uneducated guess I'd assume there is two tanks somewhere. The reason the rear is a different color is probably because they have it filled with a solution that resists freezing more. The stock under the hood location will thaw out quickly with engine heat. If there is a tank in the rear it's not going to thaw out at all. So it's probaly a bit stronger...if I were to guess.

kamiguy

Thanks.. that makes perfect sense to me. So the search continues to find that mystery tank and if I can't, then I will call the dealer.

Timmbo
Car: 2013 Infiniti JX35 AWD & 2013 Nissan Maxima Sport Pkg

Hmmmm, keep us posted on this one, that sure sounds interesting!

kamiguy

According to the dealer, there is only the one tank. So it appears that it just might be residual fluid from the factory in the rear line and when the dealer filled it up for delivery they used a different color fluid. A few more squirts and the purple should all flow out. That sure had me going for awhile, though. Thanks for all your input, though.

Timmbo
Car: 2013 Infiniti JX35 AWD & 2013 Nissan Maxima Sport Pkg

That is what I suspected, I have an Armada and Murano with rear wipers, and they both have one tank.

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”