WINDSCREEN/WINDSHIELD FOR A DATSUN L320 PICK-UP

General discussion forum about all things Datsun! NOTE: If your thread is specific to a certain model, please make sure you post it in the proper forum.
clarky
Car: 1964 1200 pick up 60hp

HI - I HAVE JUST BOUGHT A L320 PICK-UP HERE IN THE UK. BEFORE I BUY THE SELLER IS TO REPLACE THE WINDSCREEN AS IT HASA LARGE CRACK IN THE OLD ONE. ANYBODY OUT THERE KNOW WHERE I CAN GET ONE AND HOW MUCH THEY ARE LIKELY TO COST

THANKS FOR LOOKING

IAN

seang
Car: Ford Fiesta ST

IDK where one is, but I have a few ideas. Obsolete vehicles like this might benefit from custom formed glass, or somehow cutting a windshield from another vehicle, if it's even possible. This sounds expensive, and probably is, but IDK for sure. There is always Lexan, which is plastic glass and is very lightweight and more pricey than glass is, but even that may be less than a 320 windscreen. I wish you the best of luck and truly care for your situation, as I forsee that more and more similar situations are likely to occur. I want to find a reasonable solution. Replacement glass shouldn't cost more than the truck itself, or anywhere near that figure. The metal around he windshield could be modified a bit to accomodate different glass if necessary. I would be partly considering custom s*** if I were you.

PEZi
Car: Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX Mitsubishi Racing Edition

do places that replace windshields still carry these? if so start there or at least see if they know who may be able to find one

Return to “Datsun Chat”