Windscreen

Dedicated to the G37 Convertible. This forum is for convertible-only content that is NOT covered in the other G-Series forums.
TransformerTop
Car: 2009 G37 C - Premium, Nav, African Rosewood, Kickplates and Splash Guards

I realize not all dealers have the G37 Convert accessories yet. However, has anyone purchased the $500.00 windscreen and how do you like it?

biggie
Car: '16 Q70L/'14 Q60S Vert/'19 Armada/'09 FX35

Welcome as the first g37 Vert owner we've seen. So I'd be patient, since you are rare currently.

G_whizz
Car: 2010 G37 Coupe Sport

biggie wrote:Welcome as the first g37 Vert owner we've seen. So I'd be patient, since you are rare currently.

We should give you a Custome title! NICO's first G37 vert!

Give it a little time and we'll get this side of the forum rockn!

SteveTheTech
Car: 15 Sentra SR
12 G37x Coupe
-Formerly-
05 Mazda 6 L3 Sport, 95 J30, 94 D22

Welcome to the Group and congrats on the new G37c.

With such a new car, it was built from the ground up as a convertible this is a first for Infiniti and from the initial results it seems like it should be great car.

I was fortunate to be one of the first techs in my region to attend the new model class for the G37c and I left the class with a bunch of great information and incite into the magic that happens when you press that little button. My dealer received 8 G37cs in the last week so I have had a good chance to get a feeling for how everything works compared to the coupe. The ride quality is great in that car and there is little difference between the two given the significant differences.

I will be posting some useful information for new owners very soon.

The wind difuser is pretty neat, I did not know that it cost that much I really find that surprising. We have a box in parts that is called a diffuser and the manager asked me this morning if I knew WTF a diffuser was and he said he thought it went somewhere on the body but now that I think about it I bet that is what it is. There was one installed at one of the demo models at our training facility. Theoretically it should significantly cut down on in cabin turbulance and noise. I am really curious to see how this works in conjunction with the Open Air stereo, which by the way I find to be an amazing feature even with the top up.

Did you know that if you press and hold the drivers door request switch with the car OFF and key in your pocket the windows and roof will open. That is an amazing addition that not many people know about.

Poyzinous
Car: 2004 G35x Premium 1976 Classic Red 36 inch #18 Radio Flyer Wagon...

Congratulations on the Convertible purchase! You're lucky. Convertible Accessories should be available to order beginning July 13th, but dont put it in stone. I will keep updates as to accessory availability.

toplessG
Car: 2009 Infiniti G37 Convertible

The windscreen was included when my car came in two weeks ago. This is my 8th convertible, and the G has the least wind turbulance of them all. At 65 or less the windscreen doesn't make a big difference. At 80 it helps alot, you can still talk on the phone. It also helps to hide luggage and golf clubs in the back seat.

cotandem
Car: Infiniti G37C

We also got the windscreen as part of our negociation on purchasing the car. On the interstate at 75 mph with the windows up the interior is amazingly quiet. Turbulance is minimal with the screen in place. We also feel better with loose stuff in the backseat that they aren't going to blow out. Thumbs up here!

mjlenox
Car: 2009 Infiniti G37 Convertible, Premier Edition

I paid full sticker for my Premier Edition and didn't get a windscreen

Think they'd give me one if I asked, or just laugh in my face?

bschurr
Car: 2009 G37S 6MT Conv

mjlenox wrote:I paid full sticker for my Premier Edition and didn't get a windscreen

Think they'd give me one if I asked, or just laugh in my face?
It NEVER hurts to ask but since you already ponied up, they will likely deny your request (and hopefully not laugh in your face). perhaps they would be willing to provide a discount on accessories (and perhaps service) since they didnt discount the vehicle?

ebcolema
Car: 2009 Infiniti G37S Convertible, Premium, Nav.

The windscreen came with my car. It was actually listed on the sticker as an accessory. However, for some reason the dealership left the windscreen in the rear seat floorboard fully assembled. Needless to say, it was damaged when I sat in the car for the first time, moved the seat back, and crushed it - ripping the netting. This happened right there on the lot, literally within the first 30 seconds of me seeing my new car. The dealer agreed with me immediately that it was not my fault someone left a fully assembled windscreen shoved down in the floor behind the seats, and happily ordered me a new replacement.

Point of this long story was that it took about a week for the new windscreen to come in. So, I drove the car several times without one installed before I returned to the dealership to retrieve the replacement windscreen. The difference is quite substantial.

Driving with the top down and windows down, the turbulence at highway speeds is reduced to almost nothing in the center of the cabin, so much so that documents placed on the dashboard or passenger floorboard will stay in place at 70mph. Of course, this makes it a little bit quieter too, but the G37 was already the quietest cabin of any convertible I've ever been in at highway speeds, so it's almost hard to notice a difference there.

Where the real treat is, the biggest benefit of the wind screen, is when you ride with the top down and the windows up. I often ride this way when it is just too cold outside to have the windows down, typically <60 degrees outside, and also when driving on a cooler day at highway speeds.

With the windscreen in place, and driving at highway speeds with the windows up, there is so little outside air movement within the cabin space that it is absolutely remarkable. You can ride with the top down, windows up, and windscreen in place when its 50 degrees outside and remain perfectly comfortable. It is comparable to having a sunroof open on a couple/sedan. Truly remarkable.

The difference is substantial and I would not purchase another convertible of any kind without a windscreen. Having driven the car at a variety of speeds for a week without the screen in place and then driving with the screen in place, the difference is huge. It was immediately noticeable.

The other benefit is that it covers up the rear seats, essentially rendering your convertible a 2-seater (not that it effectively wasn't to begin with) with a leather lined storage compartment behind the driver's seat. Because the windscreen creates a fairly secure area back there, you can store things there without fear of them blowing away. I often put my coat and tie back there for example. Its a big benefit considering the poor truck space with the top down.

I leave mine installed at all times. You can put the top up and down with the screen in place. Also, the upper portion of the screen (behind the headrests) folds flat (against the part covering the backseat) which is what I do when I am riding with the top up. The only time I ever remove it is on the rare occasion I have rear passengers. When that happens, the screen folds (it's kinda tricky) and will actually fit in that storage compartment sorta under the truck where a spare might otherwise be.

Cobra_Kai_84
Car: 2009 G37S convertible - Athens Blue/Graphite, Premium, Sport, Nav, rear deck spoiler

I agree with you on the wind deflector. It works fantastic!

My only concern is its durability. Sorry to hear your story about your deflector when you picked up your car! I usually keep the wind deflector installed regardless if I'm top up or down. But I do have to remove with when I do errands with the top down and have to use the back seat as my storage space.

The folding up of the wind deflector can be a bit tricky, especially if you are trying to do it quickly. You have to be really careful of the mesh lining and watch out for parts of the wind deflector from swinging out wildly depending on how you are holding it. So, I have learned to try and take my time while handling it, so that I won't damage the windscreen.

also, its tough to see the road and cars behind you if you have the wind deflector up at night. I find it pretty disorientating, so I usually keep it down at night, unless I'm cruising on the highway...

ebcolema
Car: 2009 Infiniti G37S Convertible, Premium, Nav.

When in need of the backseat for storage, I recommend leaving the windscreen in place and using the rear entry/exit feature (sliding the seat forward) to gain access to the area under the wind deflector. It sort of leaves you with an enclosed space to put things.

The durability of the wind deflector is certainly a concern. The mesh is quite fragile and subject to damage when folding the thing since it is so complex in the way it folds, and leaves several protruding parts in the process.

It's definitely weird at night. After all, you are looking through a mesh screen. I don't know what a better alternative would be though.

rcmafgny
Car: 2009 g37 convertible w sport

i cant figure out how to fold the deflector and put into its caseim afraid of breaking itany tips how to fold?

cmesurf
Car: Infinitis, 03 FX35, 07 g35 sedan, 05 FX45, 09 G-vert & 14 Q50S Hybrid AWD

You should have a little instruction card with it.. it's really simple.. If not I can scan and email to you.

It's really worth having it on... it eliminates turbulence with roof open.

Enjoy... and congratulations on a nice ride.

cmesurf

the upright of the screen can be folded backward at night....

FYI : Scree PN is K7284JJ50A LIST price $530.00 can be got at $434.60

rcmafgny
Car: 2009 g37 convertible w sport

i dont have the card if possible pls scan and e mail i dont want to break itmt e mail is [email protected]

cmesurf

rcmafgny wrote:i dont have the card if possible pls scan and e mail i dont want to break itmt e mail is [email protected]
Ron

Check you email I emailed you the scanned pdf instruction card.

drivefast
Car: G37S convertible

if i would have $500+ to spend on accessories after purchasing a convertible, the wind breaker would be the first item i would buy. if you negotiate for the car, try your best to have the dealer throw it in as a freebie, it will make it easier than spending 500 bucks on it. i had a windbreaker on pretty much any convertible before, and i agree with what's been said, it makes a great difference regarding noise and wind. hint: remember the windbreaker if you need to increase the wife acceptance factor ;)

when i bought it, my car had one on the sticker, but it wasnt found anywhere inside. it took the dealer 3 weeks to get one for me - but then again, i wouldnt recommend my dealer to anyone.

anoopaiims
Car: Infiniti G37 convert

Hello guys...I will appreciat if someone email me the instruction sheet on how to use and fold the read wind deflector which I got it with my G37 convertible. Thanks
[email protected]

Fezzik
Car: 2010 G37 Vert w/ stage 1 GTM supercharger

Here is a video i did of the wind deflector. This is at 80mph with the windows up and the deflector up and down. Notice my hair and my shirt with the deflector up and down. Sorry for the music. I actually do not like country but this was the only station in the middle of Kentucky I could get.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkd1V10A5C4

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

[quote="Fezzik"] Sorry for the music. I actually do not like country but this was the only station in the middle of Kentucky I could get.

:rotfl

You lie!!! Shania was playing when I was riding with you.

Or was it Lady GaGa :ohno:

Return to “G37 Convertible Forum”