windows fogging up like mad

General Discussion forum for Versa Owners
Gosh

seems like my windows fog ip in seconds, all 4. side and windshield. even when it is just me sitting alone. was wondering if there are things to help stop this, would tinting make windows retain a bit more heat or is there a spray i can use on windows ?

proxim2020

Rain-X has an anti-fog that can be used to help out. You apply it to interior side of the window only. I had a car that the windows fogged up easily and I used this stuff and it worked. It works just like exterior Rain-X. Make sure you do it right because it can cause hazy streaks that really show up at night when the light shines through the windshield.

Fogging may be a sign of something more serious. Water's getting into the cab somehow. Check your door and window seals for breaks or tears. If this is happening when the ac is on, use the recycle setting. This should remove most moisture in the cab. If it doesn't work, something's gone wrong with the a/c system.
Modified by proxim2020 at 9:20 AM 9/28/2006

Ever Victorious
Car: '08 Kia Spectra5, '73 AMC Hornet

Fogging can also be a sign that your glass is dirty. If the dirt is not visible, it might be something oily or greasy on your glass. I had to wash my windscreen thoroughly because of an oily sheen on the inside. It stopped fogging up after that.

Juelze
Car: 2010 Nissan Rogue 360 AWD

Gosh wrote:seems like my windows fog ip in seconds, all 4. side and windshield. even when it is just me sitting alone. was wondering if there are things to help stop this, would tinting make windows retain a bit more heat or is there a spray i can use on windows ?
Same problem hear. I haven't tried cleaning mine yet, maybe tonight I'll do it and see if it helps.

storyr
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa SL

This is from the owner's manual:

In other words, use the air conditioner. I always run my air conditioner if the windows are up...

versabundus
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa

If you leave the selector on recirculate (MAX AIR COND) The windows fog because no fresh air comes in.

proxim2020

versabundus wrote:If you leave the selector on recirculate (MAX AIR COND) The windows fog because no fresh air comes in.
The goal is to remove as much moisture as possible. When air hits the evaporator coil, it is rapidly cooled. Because the air can not hold nearly as much moisture as it did before it was chilled, some moisture is released. This moisture attaches itself to the coil and drains out of the drain line. By placing the system in a recycle state, you will continue to dry the current air out. Dry air will not condense unless there's a major temp change. Try and keep the outside/indoor temp balanced with the thermostat to help prevent this. Allowing fresh air into the system starts the whole process from square one each time outside air is introduced.
Modified by proxim2020 at 4:18 PM 9/28/2006

versabundus
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa

What I meant is if you leave the control on recirculate Without the air conditioning running, it causes fogging.

motoguy128
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa S - 6 Speed

Gosh wrote:seems like my windows fog ip in seconds, all 4. side and windshield. even when it is just me sitting alone. was wondering if there are things to help stop this, would tinting make windows retain a bit more heat or is there a spray i can use on windows ?
Do you mean when you are sitting parked without the engine or blower running? IF yes, then welcome to owning a car that is properly sealed. This is part of the reason the car is so quiet. My doors are so tight, that the I've had passengers unable ot shut their door all the way of the first try. I also have to push the tailgate a little harder.

Otherwise, when the enigne is running, just puch the little A/C button or turn the selector to defrost. It's that simple. You could also try reading the part of the manual that discusses the climate controls.

nissan_blood
Car: Striped s14

Or breath with your mouth shut always helps.....

Return to “Versa General Chat”