Window Trim Help?

A forum for the legendary Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4.
slickroger
Car: Nissan Pathfinder 2001

hey fellaz

i got this site from another thread on this site

http://www.trademotion.com/par...gID=2

this is a picture of my window problem on the truck. does anyone know the exact name of these parts so that i can identify them on the site and order them?

anyhelp will be great

Qxxx4
Car: 1999.5 Infiniti QX4, 2012 Mustang

I second that. Who was it that said these were $150 for the set? My freakin dad always bugs me about them when hes checkin out my ride next to his way newer ride. Mine are almost as bad as urs. I wouldnt mind getting these fixed.

02pathy

the bottom one are called door belts or belt strap, not sure about the side ones though, i got mines(bottom one) from midwaypartsteams for 70 or 80 each, over here 125 a pcs at dealer go in buy all 4 and ask for %15 off

ReKleineR
Car: 1999.5 Nissan Pathfinder SE

Is this what you're lookin for?

http://www.trademotion.com/par...gid=2

That's the only thing I could think of.

Qxxx4

i stumbled across these on kijiji

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-car...86114

dont think theyd fit your pathy roger as you got a 2001. I might look into them. theyre used tho so im unsure. mine arent rusted but their bubbling!

slickroger

lol i replied to that message.

thanks QXXX4

and sorry if im stealing them from you.

the lady selling them is going to get back to me but i think im gonna drive down and check it out.

Qxxx4

lol urs r in worse shape then mine so u deserve them. i want the whole set as both my driver and passenger side are starting to bubble near the mirrors too so i might just buy brand new set soon. i also bought automotive sandpaper gunna prime n paint the two rust spots on my back hatch under the glass, and im wrking on the fog mod as we speak...i broke one relay by accident...was too forceful prying off one of the pins so ima steal the relay from the rear defrost until i find a replacement. I hope this works!

Adnan
Car: 2001 Pathfinder LE 4WD

roger that looks as bad as mine LOLmy passenger side window is currently big time disabledi can barely get it back

did anyone try that silicone trick yet?

slickroger

I bought that used window trim provided by QXXX4 and changed it here is

Old to Semi - New

slickroger

Here is the run down on how i did it

I treid hard to get the trim out without taking the door apart but no luck.

So first i removed the screws and those little push on tabs so i could remove the interior door panel.

all push - ons in red

so now the door should like like this.

next i removed the bolts holding up the window and lowered the glass into the door. this is much easier to do with the window halfway up. when the glass was removed i then lowered the window holder and droppped the window below that.

Next i removed the bar thats seperates the 2 pieces of glass and all the rubber from around the window. the bar has 3 screws 1 at the top and 2 at the bottom behind the door panel.

I then painted this bar and removed the glass easily without the bar in the way.

Everything Apart

all i did next was pop out the trim i needed to replace insert the new one and started putting everything bac together in reverse order.

i also did the passenger rear door aswell

thanks to all who made this possible

Qxxx4

roger, major props to you on figuring all that out. alot of us have that problem and its good to finally have a tutorial on how to do it. We all just got to find a place to find new strips for cheap and were all set!

thanks for all your efforts man it means alot to us!

Return to “Nissan Pathfinder Forum / Infiniti QX4 Forum”