window trim fading

A forum for lovers of Infiniti's hot-rod crossover, the FX! In 2014, all FX models will be named Infiniti QX70, in line with Infiniti's new naming structure.
okaywhatsnext
Car: infiniti fx35

the black trim along the top of the side windows is a dull faded black compared to other window trim. Has anyone had luck getting them replaced under warranty?

edinaman
Car: old cars

I had that problem with my "03. They did replace the parts under warranty.

okaywhatsnext

interesting. My dealer refused to replace them saying it was caused by acid used to wash the car. As a matter of fact the dealer refused to warranty a number of items. I think the Canadian dealers don't like it when you import an American car.

SteveTheTech
Car: 15 Sentra SR
12 G37x Coupe
-Formerly-
05 Mazda 6 L3 Sport, 95 J30, 94 D22

Welcome to NICO guys!

I know I have personally replaced several sets of window trims under warranty. I cannot speak of dealers in Canada but if there is another one nearby it may be worth a shot if you are still under warranty.
okaywhatsnext wrote: As a matter of fact the dealer refused to warranty a number of items.
What other damage do you have?

okaywhatsnext

I have a rear defrost that has a number of wires that do not heat up. The dealer said someone must have wiped the window and damaged them. I also have loose trim on the rear passenger door well and again the dealer wrote it off as more damage caused by the previous owner. He offered to replace the programmable driver seat buttons that were sticking but I am still waiting for a phone call letting me know the part is in. I will definitely be going to a different dealer next time.

SteveTheTech
Car: 15 Sentra SR
12 G37x Coupe
-Formerly-
05 Mazda 6 L3 Sport, 95 J30, 94 D22

I am sorry you have had such a negative experience with your local dealer. That really drives me nuts when they try to fight you on little things that should be taken care of in something like an Infiniti, that should be the difference between Infiniti and Nissan. If you are still covered under your warranty you should not have an issue with some of the small things like trim if there are no signs of visible damage.

DudeLove

I am suprised the Canadian Dealers would refuse to replace it under warranty...

I am in Vancouver, BC and the guys here love doing warranty work because they get paid direct from the manufacture.....

However I am having trouble trying to get them to replace my black ones into Chrome Silver ones that came standard in 06+ FX45.....

okaywhatsnext

I can only guess they want to discourage us from importing Infinitis. I haven't tried another dealer and hope to get better luck somewhere else. Let me know how you make out with the upgrade on the chrome trim and the cost. I think that is a great way to do a bit of dressing up on the 35.

DudeLove

I actually have a group buy thing going on direct from a rep through InfinitiPartsUSA.com for $860 shipped. We have 6 right now missing 4 more....

from the site, they are charging i think $940 + ship...

Return to “Infiniti FX35 / FX45 / FX37 / FX50 / QX70 Forum”