Window Tinting.

General Discussion forum for Versa Owners
Jemdawg
Car: Super Black Nissan Versa 1.8SL Hatchback

This is unfamiliar ground for me. I want to tint my windows, but I'm not sure how much I should.

Also, anyone who has gone the route of tinting, how much did it cost? --(roughly how much)

c5neb
Car: 2007 Fresh Powder Versa SL

Jemdawg wrote:This is unfamiliar ground for me. I want to tint my windows, but I'm not sure how much I should.

Also, anyone who has gone the route of tinting, how much did it cost? --(roughly how much)
I paid $199 plus tax through a dealer-shop with a lifetime warrantee. Driver and passenger side windows are 15 percent while the rears and tailgate windows are 35 percent. I guess that is the Fla. legal limit.

Jemdawg

I'm not sure what the limit is up here in NY, but I'm sure I can get away with 35%. 199$ isn't too bad. You've posted pictures in another thread, right? I think I've seen them before...

proxim2020

Most places down here will charge somewhere around $75 per window, but cut you a discount once you tell them that you'll get all of them done. That's the quality shops. Make sure you pick a shop based on quality and cleanliness. Here's a link to help with the laws in your area.

http://www.tintdude.com/laws.html

Jemdawg

Ok. Thanks for the help.

c5neb
Car: 2007 Fresh Powder Versa SL

I think my numbers should be reversed.

Ever Victorious
Car: '08 Kia Spectra5, '73 AMC Hornet

Indeed they should. The % number indicates percentage of visible light the tint lets through. Ergo, the higher the number, the lighter the tint.

Most locales will allow 35% on the driver and front passenger window, and darker tints to the rear. Only AZ and NM (I think) allow the windshield itself to be tinted (except most states allow a 6" tint strip at the top of the windshield).

Check your local laws regarding tint, and also talk to a couple reputable shops because they should know as well... (if you get an answer that seems to contradict the written law, you might want to avoid that shop)

Mine is 35% all around, and was the most expensive at.. something like $269 or $369, but in addition to a lifetime warranty on the film itself, the shop I got mine done at also has a lifetime warranty on the labor too. So if it needs replacing, I don't have to pay for the labor to replace it either.

electech
Car: '02 Explorer Limited, '03 Escape Limited, '07 Versa SL HB CVT, Convenience group, splash guards, flo

Here in NC, the limit is 35%. On cars, all windows must be the same. On SUV's they let you tint the rear windows darker, go figure. Anyway, I had mine done at 35 all the way around. It looks really good on the Versa. This is the third vehicle this place has done for me. They are very good and the film and labor are lifetime warranty. Mine ended up being $255 I believe. We also looked at a 6 inch strip for the windshield but with the black dots around the mirror, it just would not look right.

Cowboys Fan 87

I paid $135 for 35% on all windows and a 5% strip across the front. Looks very sharp. Has a lifetime warranty on tint and labor.....

I was a little worried about getting them done for so cheap, being that I live in the middle of nowhere....but these guys were really good. About 8 people at work suggested them and allowed me to look at their cars.

Next time I give the girl a bath and wax, I'll take some photos.

nissansalesman_wtx
Car: Nissan Sentra

now of course everystate has different laws about how dark you can tint your windows...you will need to check with your tint shop about those. Most dealerships recieve a huge discount on window tinting if they outsource it due to volume...these shops that due this generally work a deal with a few salesman to where they can "direct you" to the right place and not only do you recieve a discounted price but the salesman gets a little kickback....in my case I got my car tinted for free for sending alot of people to our dealer....its a win - win situation. As for $200 for tint its a litlle steep but again your market will determine that.

Paula
Car: 2007 Versa SL w/convience pkg

I paid $200 and have 35% all around, nothing on the windshield. The same guy has done 3 V's in the "family" ! Mine, Mom's and a friend of ours.

Paula

Return to “Versa General Chat”