Window tint question....which brand/type is the best?

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
rsiwicki
Car: 95 Q45T

Need windows tinted to match the factory smoked back windows (yes I know illegal) and got the run around by two different tint shops here in Miami about brand/type of quality or lack of difference. Can somebody tell me a good brand/type to specify?

Raxephon
Car: '04 RX8...for the moment...

rsiwicki wrote:Need windows tinted to match the factory smoked back windows (yes I know illegal) and got the run around by two different tint shops here in Miami about brand/type of quality or lack of difference. Can somebody tell me a good brand/type to specify?
With window tint its more of the application of it than the product itself.(Not to say all tint films are created equally though)

I usually use the $10-$12 a roll stuff from Wal-Mart when I do a tint job and haven't had any problems with it so far.

(Sorry, I don't remember the name of it, but it has a scale on the side of the packaging indicating quality of material/tint %/UV Reflection & Resistance %)

Rex
Car: None

Matching the factory will be tough and as the aftermarket ages (especially in the Miamisun), they'll eventually look different again.

Look for a Hyper Optik dealer and have them use the "clearest" they have, it blocks better without the darkness.http://www.hyperoptik.com/consumer_auto.cfm

maxnix
Car: 1995 Infiniti Q45
1995 Infiniti Q45t
2000 Infiniti Q45

Hüper Optik Stark 30.

Won't be as dark, but will work better for blocking Infrared.

http://www.huperoptik.com

pdqwrx
Car: 1989 240 SX, 2002 WRX Wagon, 2003 FORD f150 4DR

What kind of car? If it's a Q, I don't believe that they came tinted from the factory! Aftermarket film on a car for as little at 6 months will fade or lighten to a point where you can't match it exactly. They call it color fasting......

If you are trying to match factory tint however, the glass has the shading embedded in it so it dosn't look like "Film". It has a deep almost black look to it. Most applied films wont match because they use a different technology to get there shading.

My suggestion would be to look for a Lumar Formula One store and ask for Pinnacle. It is a new Ceramic film that will be the closest match to OEM.It also has superior optics and a bunch of other advantages. The most important being that it can't turn purple over time and it wont look shiny in the sun. Two things the OEM glass will never do.

Here a linkhttp://www.formulaone.com/

CheersScott

Rex
Car: None

He no longer has a Q , but he has a nice 4 door Titan

rsiwicki
Car: 95 Q45T

tint is going on my Q45 replacement....

thanks for the suggestions...keep them coming. I really want the darker looking windown tint to make the front look close to the rear windows

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”