I can't take ANY credit for this modification. I saw it on a Miata forum and duplicated the plan but I thought I would share it here. I can be done on any car that is using crappy switches to power window motors.
Basically on the NA' Miata's the window motors get their electricity though crappy early 90's switches. I measured just under 3 volts actually making it to my drivers side window. Its so pathetic window up really does take over a minute and I have to do them one at a time and pull on them with my hand or pliers while pressing the switch or they will not roll up at all.
This mod uses four 5 pole 30/40 amp relays to use the window switches as switches and get 12 volts from the battery to the window motors.
Basically remove the console. Cut all the wires but the red and black. red and black are 12 volt and ground for the switches.
Use poles 86 and 30 to recomplete the window switch circuit you cut.
I tried soldering, I even purchased a nice new 30watt solder iron but may not a lot of room and I suck at it. So I went with butt splices that are crimpable and shrink tube to make it OEM-ish.
This is the end result.... I purchased 5 relays and pigtails from Amazon for $18 shipped.
Pole 87A and 85 are ground I drilled and taped a hole under the console. stripped braided crimped and shrink shielded the Red together and black together then grounded it out.
Then I went back to the battery with 4 gauge automotive wire and put a loop on the batter positive terminal. I ran this through the existing path into the car then ducked into the console. I used a 30 amp blade fuse on this line only for safety.
The four relays fit nicely under the switch panel in the console.