window regulator needs +repair-56k warning-

NICO's official source for Nissan upholstery, carpet, headliners, and trim information!
Dave_Dynamite
Car: '90 hatchback

so the cable that pulls the window up and down snapped on both doors of my sx. i have since then strapped bungee cords to them. for now they work, meaning i can manually pull the window up or down. the bad part is my interior look shi**y because the door panels are gone. i was told that a window regulator would fix the problem. but looking at the door panels, it doesnt look like the door comes apart so i can get to the insides of the door. heres the pic below. my question is...has anyone ever had to replace a window regulator and can you show me how to get the doors apart.

zerosum6
Car: 240sx Coupe

There are 4 bolts that hold in the window regulator/window glass, they are the 2 nuts at the bottom middle of the door and the 2 inset nuts above the handle. Unclip power for the power window motor, undo the 4 nuts and pull the whole thing up. Reassembly is the opposite.

Dave_Dynamite

ok so the door really doesnt come apart then? you just unbolt it and pull it up?

zerosum6
Car: 240sx Coupe

fo shizzle

Dave_Dynamite

thanks man, you're a life saver.

FRoSt415
Car: s13 240sx

how did it come out? was it the regulators? same **** happened to me in my s13. driving on the freeway and then boom my window falls. i didnt want to deal with that window motor because i have done it before and it was a *****. so i just used this incident to upgrade to a manual door. took my old wire harness and took off what i dont need anymore and i got my driver side manual and my passenger side automatic.

Return to “Interiors”