window on driver and passenger side open automaticly after shutdown !!!

Forum for the unique Murano, and official home of Nissan Murano Club!
whoward288

windows on driver door and passenger door opens automaticly after vehicle is shut down.

sean69
Car: 2005 Murano

Hi,

did they went full down or half ? that's weird but the exact same thing happend to mine today. They went half, lucky I was parked just by a small local grocery & a guy told me that, if not I wouldn't even guess it !

Anyway I then locked the window lock button & this didn't happend anymorer since this morning but that's weird !

Anyone else experienced & did someone got an explaination if it already occured ?

s14selfbuilt
Car: 96 240sx

sounds like a bcm issue

sean69

Sorry

I missed this but what's the BCM, not realy aware of what it may be ?

thanks for any explanation

tankfrank
Car: Nissan Murano

I have a 2005 SL FWD Murano and this has happened to me several times in past two years. Dealer claims that it is impossible but it continues to happen.

Car is turned off and locked and windows are up. Next morning or sometimes during the day I find the drivers window only or both front windows all the way down.

So far only damage is a wet seat from rain.

tankfrank

sean69

sorry for you, but whatabout the dealer, did they found what was the reason or even search for ? This only happend once to mine but I wouldn't like to have the same surprise back from work for ex... And seems that you and I are not the only ones this thing happens !i'm goin to search for nissan bulletin on this concern... if it may helps

ON[QUOTE=tankfrank]I have a 2005 SL FWD Murano and this has happened to me several times in past two years. Dealer claims that it is impossible but it continues to happen.

Car is turned off and locked and windows are up. Next morning or sometimes during the day I find the drivers window only or both front windows all the way down.

So far only damage is a wet seat from rain.

tankfrank

tankfrank

This is a known problem. Dealers apparently try to avoid it as it ties up a $7,000 diagnostic scanner for an hour sometimes as they try to find the error code in one of the computers on the Murano and reflash an Eprom.

My neighbor saw them down again Tuesday PM and called me. He is Service Manager at local Dodge Dealer. When he got to work he talked to a mechanic he had recently hired from Nissan who advised him there is an internal service advice on this problem.

I called that dealer and advised I had to have the problem fixed pronto. He made an appoint for me Monday AM.

Tankfrank

whoward288

Thanks a lot (tankfrank) at least now I have some ammunition to take back to my dealer.

tankfrank

They replaced a module that is part of the ignition switch assembly on my Murano. Time will tell if that was the problem.

Tankfrank

Rosies_Mom
Car: PT Cruiser DreamCruiser #3674

Did you push on the keyfob?? I have just recently learned that this is the #1 cause of them going down "magically".

abbeynormal

This is a "feature" designed by Nissan. Hold the unlock button on the remote for 3 seconds and the front windows roll down. The designers at Nissan must have thought is would be really helpful to let you open your windows from 30-40 feet away from your car. Unfortunately they didn't think of two things. First, the buttons on the remote are so big and exposed that if you have a few things in your pocket with your keys you can easily accidently depress the unlock button. Twice I've walked out of my home to my Murano and found the windows down and rain/snow on the seats. Many other times I've found the doors unlocked. This design of the exposed remote buttons has to be one of the worst feature designs I've ever seen on any product.That said, you can get the windows-down capability disabled by your dealer. As for getting Nissan to protect the remote buttons like they were on remotes of older vehicles (like the '97 Pathfinder), we can only hope.

him
Car: 2005 Nissan Murano SL

Hi tankfrank. Curious to know if the fix worked. I recently posted about a similar problem (here - zerothread/270123) and I'd like to have as much ammo as possible when I go back to the dealer for a second time. I'd like to avoid third or fourth (or more) visits if possible.

Thanks.

Return to “Murano Forum”