Window Issue - Master Switch or Motor

Discussion forum for body kits, repair, modifications, interior styling, Audio / Video and internal/external lighting.
miker6366

Hello all -

I am the owner of an 07 g35x sedan and just recently the passenger window has quit. My mechanic says I need a master switch (expensive as you know). My question is regarding the symptoms - is he correct?

1. the window will not go down from either the passenger switch or driver switch
2. there is no sound of it attempting (motor?)

I initially though motor but he didn't suggest that. Would the master switch being faulty dictate on whether the passenger switch would work or not? My fear was replacing the master switch and it having zero affect.

Any insight would be great - this forum has some great info; excited to be a part of it. :)

telcoman
Car: Tesla 2022 Model Y, 2016 Q70 Bye 2012 G37S 6 MT w Nav 94444 mi bye 2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6 MT @171796 mi.

miker6366 wrote:Hello all -

I am the owner of an 07 g35x sedan and just recently the passenger window has quit. My mechanic says I need a master switch (expensive as you know). My question is regarding the symptoms - is he correct?

1. the window will not go down from either the passenger switch or driver switch
2. there is no sound of it attempting (motor?)

I initially though motor but he didn't suggest that. Would the master switch being faulty dictate on whether the passenger switch would work or not? My fear was replacing the master switch and it having zero affect.

Any insight would be great - this forum has some great info; excited to be a part of it. :)
Have you read the FSM and tested using a multimeter and proved that is the problem

http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/G35/Sedan/2 ... an/pwc.pdf

See page PWC-16

Good luck

Telcoman

miker6366

Definitely didn't, and unfortunately, don't have the skills to play around. I trust the mechanic but when he mentioned the master switch needed to be replaced, yet the passenger switch didn't work either, it made me think something seemed off. I assumed if the master switch didn't work, the passenger switch still would.

Plus I read on the forum if you don't hear anything, the motor is toast. Is that accurate?

Return to “G35 and G37 Interior, Exterior and Audio”