Window Fitment Issues

Dedicated to the G37 Convertible. This forum is for convertible-only content that is NOT covered in the other G-Series forums.
SteveTheTech
Car: 15 Sentra SR
12 G37x Coupe
-Formerly-
05 Mazda 6 L3 Sport, 95 J30, 94 D22

I want this thread to address window alignment and exterior body panel adjustments.

The main reasoning for this is hopefully is you face this type of issue the potential adjustment can be researched and you will know exactly what to expect when going in for service.

I would like to thank LadyG for an opportunity to resolve her issue. It is really surprising (at least to me) what <2mm of movement can cause problems.

The procedure for isolating this involves a piece of tape with graduation marks but with the top down and the windows up you can easily see an issue. The gap between the front and rear window is supposed to be 8mm. This car was at 12mm at the top and 9 at the bottom the rear was about 2.5mm down. To me this seems like it was most likely the window regulator setting in the rear movement section.

This is the first time using my new phones camera, not so impressed considering it s supposed to be 2mp.

Not that this is normal but it can be fixed quite easily. After spending some time getting to know the convertibles inner working a little better there are not upper guides for the window and the B pillar seal requires several other components to come out of the body and move in several directions to get into place.

It seems like the front windows are very similar to G37 coupe hard top but there are some key differences between the two cars and it has nothing to do with the roof, but more to do with the seriously complex rear window and the seal mounted to the front of the rear window.

First of all put the top down and the windows and check the "B" pillar to see if the match perfectly. If not use the one that lines up to reference the one that does not. Here are the specs for window gap if any of you are experiencing wind or water leaks.

-Seal between front and rear window (from the rear of the front to the front most section of the black trim on the rear window ) 8mm

-Seal between the top of the window and the top- (this is where graduated tape rulers work best) 5mm

The first measurement is by far the most important.

lashk
Car: 2009 Infiniti G37 convertible

Do you know how to raise the rear quarter window?
Thanks

Return to “G37 Convertible Forum”