will you see a big difference with 2.5 inch full exhaust?

Your premier source for information on the Turbo KA: KA24E-T and KA24DE-T (KA with aftermarket turbo kit)!
AN89HATCH

I am trying to decide if i want to just go 2.5 all the way to the cat, or if i should pay the extra 100 bucksa, and get a full 2.5 exhaust made. Will it be worth it if im only running 6lbs of boost to get the full exhaust made, or will the 2.5 all the way to the cat, and stock piping be enough? thanks

MarkEmark
Car: fully-built '95 240sx KA-T

I'm assuming you mean if you should go cat-back or turbo-back. DEFINITELY go turbo-back. No sense in having 2.5" from the cat back if you're using incredibly restrictive piping from the turbo to the cat. Free flowing downpipes are very important if you're looking to make any kind of horsepower on a t/c car. Go 2.5" turbo back, and get rid of the cat if you have one.

AN89HATCH

yah no mater what im going 2.5 turbo back, with out a cat, but im wondering is it worth it to do the cat back also? or will i not see a big gain between a 2.5 cat back, and stock at only 6lbs of boost?

TrunkMonkey
Car: 2000 lincoln navigator

AN89HATCH wrote:yah no mater what im going 2.5 turbo back, with out a cat, but im wondering is it worth it to do the cat back also? or will i not see a big gain between a 2.5 cat back, and stock at only 6lbs of boost?
if you stick with stock piping from the cat back, you're leaving too much on the table now and in the future if/when you turn up the boost.

run 2.5 all the way through.

-demetrius

andrave
Car: assorted

I'd prolly put flanges on there so if you ever need to put the cat back on you can.

Return to “KA24ET / KA24DET Forum”