Will the 2006 radio fit in my 05?

Nissan 350z / Nissan 370z technical discussion forum: Maintenance, performance, installations, modifications, how-to's and troubleshooting.
dasoupdude
Car: 2005 Z

I was supposed to do a write up on this, but i ended up rushing and only took a few pictures.

IF a write up is really needed i'll post up the rest of the pictures and instructions. (that would bring me to 5 articles on nico)

anyways. here are a few pictures.

THis is how it sits for now. I have to sort of trim these stubs on the side a few millimeters or so to really get it be more "flush." The stupid adhesive garnish that came with the car actually makes it looks deeper than it really is.

dasoupdude

[IMG][/IMG]

I made a thread before about how my CD wouldn't eject, well its been well over a year now and i realized i needed this damned thing fixed when I started to know the words to all the Miley Cyrus and Lady Gaga songs on the radio.

orangeNblue
Car: 2008 Nissan 350z

ha thats funny. I know that the dashes between those two years are completely different, but I'm not sure about the CD player itself. Why not just buy a new headunit? That way you can listen to songs from your iPod and avoid Hannah Montanna entirely...ha

dasoupdude

Too late, i already ordered it. I guess I'm the lone guinea pig on this one. Not even my local Z forums had an idea.

The dimensions of both players are the same though, the only difference is the 06 one isn't flat, so it might not sit completely flush with the center. Which is fine because I have a stupid overlay thing which came with my car and hopefully it will even itself out.

I just really love the unit display on the updated ones, it reminds me of a bmw.
orangeNblue wrote:Why not just buy a new headunit?
I am getting a new head unit, its just oem. But if you meant an aftermarket, then that's really meh with me. I'm all for cool looking pioneer and Panasonic head units as much as the next guy but I don't think I could live the fact that there is a high possibility there's a civic out there with the same set up as me. Some touch screen units are nice though.

orangeNblue

I have the Alpine iDA-x100 and really like it. its a ipod unit and it works perfectly, not to mention it looks really good!

thing is it makes me want to change all the amber led's in my car to match up with it (like the gauges and climate controls)

sluggoZ
Car: 2004.5 350Z SuperBlack/Black Touring Roadster

Dasoupdude wrote: [IMG][/IMG]

I made a thread before about how my CD wouldn't eject, well its been well over a year now and i realized i needed this damned thing fixed when I started to know the words to all the Miley Cyrus and Lady Gaga songs on the radio.
The answer is NO.Radio's from '03 - '05 will only fit....I would try and get either a '03 - '05 model head unit used.

I just bought the entire OEM Bose '03 used head unit for $40 shipped.

dasoupdude

sluggoZ wrote:
The answer is NO.
Actually the answer is yes. It fits, but it doesn't sit as perfectly "flush" as the radio which is supposed to be in there, dimensions are all the same except the "offset" of the faceplate.

orangeNblue

Glad to hear it worked out for ya.

How's it look?

dasoupdude

orangeNblue wrote:Glad to hear it worked out for ya.
you have no idea how great it is lol

Bigalow311
Car: Nissan 350z

I found this website a couple of months ago.

http://www.350zmotoring.com/fo....html

I have an 05 Z and just bought a 06 radio from a user on my350z forums. I'm trying to find someone that's done this swap before.

dasoupdude

Bigalow311 wrote:
I have an 05 Z and just bought a 06 radio from a user on my350z forums. I'm trying to find someone that's done this swap before.
Well you def came to the right place. I did this swap before, just look up.

ydlee

Did you ever do a write up on this? I really want to do this, I have a 04 and from the looks of your radio doesnt look bad at all.

dasoupdude

I think i did, i'll have to go check my photo albums later. I remember the taking pictures of it but not enough to be considered a write up.

350ztwinturboKING
Car: 350z TWIN TURBO DUH LOL

I have been banned for attemting to have sex with sheep

Return to “350z / 370z Technical”