Will pulling my ABS relay or fuse get my 4 wheel section bac

A forum for the legendary Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4.
rhondas
Car: 2003 Nissan Pathfinder 4 wheel drive automatic

My 2003 Nissan Pathfinder LE auto 4 wheel Dr, the abs light came on then the 4 wheel drive light came on and locked out my selector switch so I can not switch it into 4 wheel unless I fix the ABS wheel sensor which I checked and its opened and has to be replaced, its to cold with snow now , so if I pull the ABS relay or fuse under the hood will my 4 wheel selector work now without the abs which I'm not concerned about now until after the weather gets warmer. ? thank you Ron - [email protected]

Chuck Tribolet
Car: '01 Nissan Pathfinder, '87 Corvette, '01 Camry daily driver, '98 Boston Whaler Montauk

I'm not sure, but I suspect the ABS sensors are used to control the auto 4x4. When it detects rear wheel slippage relative to the front wheels, the auto 4x4 is turned on.

Chuck

rhondas
Car: 2003 Nissan Pathfinder 4 wheel drive automatic

Chuck Tribolet wrote:I'm not sure, but I suspect the ABS sensors are used to control the auto 4x4. When it detects rear wheel slippage relative to the front wheels, the auto 4x4 is turned on.

Chuck
##################################################################################################################
Yes Chuck thanks for your answer , I sort of think your referring to an all wheel drive type vehicle however this is a selection type for 2 rear wheel only or 4X4
automatic and 4x4 HI and 4x4 LO drive. , how ever you did bring a point out for me , I never tried to switch select it into 4 wheel drive HI and by passing the 4 wheel auto selection. :dblthumb:

ovni51
Car: 1997 Nissan Pathfinder 4x4

where is the ABS relay located at? I am having issues finding it?

Return to “Nissan Pathfinder Forum / Infiniti QX4 Forum”