Will pay for help getting my car running again!!!!!

Including ND, SD, NE, KS, OK, MN, IA, MO, and WI
StonedRhyder
Car: 91 240sx ka24de

okay anyone around the Platteville/Lancaster Wisconsin area that would help me get my car running again, will pay what I can. Here is what I got so far. Did the self- diagnosis test and came up with code 11. My father-in-law doesnt think its the distributor. We made sure the coil was good by testing the spark,. It jumped about an inch and was white/blue. Made sure the engine was getting gas (i.e. smelled gas when we pulled the plug, listened for the fuel pump, it shot out of the line about 6in.). Then we tried to spray starter fluid into the intake, engine still turned over - not gas problem then. I just had gotten a new distributor, wires, plugs, and rotar. Made sure we were at TDC and no we didnt have TDC exhaust. Lined up the timing marks, and made sure rotar was pointing to #1 plug. We also lined up the end of the distributor marks (teeth end). Still wont start, I dont have alot of money but I will make you dinner, drinks, and pay you what I can $100-$150. The distributor is $200 and Im going to go pick it up in the morning. Its my daily driver so I need this car running ASAP. Any help you can offer would be very helpfull. I have a 1991 240sx coupe ka24de, stock, besides the cold air intake. Thanks to whom ever helps or takes me up on my offer.

S13_love

Code 11? Isn't that the crank angle sensor?

StonedRhyder

yes it is

StonedRhyder

got it working again~~!

Looneybomber
Car: 02 explorer sprt (grn)
10 G37S (white)

Do you want my paypal address?

StonedRhyder

Looneybomber wrote:Do you want my paypal address?
well, it worked for about 1 week so i replaced the distributor a 2nd time, lasted a day. Just replaced the coil and it worked for about 30 min.

Looneybomber
Car: 02 explorer sprt (grn)
10 G37S (white)

Ohh...umm...

I'm selling my s2000. I'll take 15.5k I promise it runs great!

StonedRhyder

Looneybomber wrote:Ohh...umm...

I'm selling my s2000. I'll take 15.5k I promise it runs great!
S-Duece

StonedRhyder

Dont know yet, I just put my 3rd dizzy in, and also a new control/power transistor in today. It started right up and had about a 15min. test drive. Nother went wrong on the test drive. I also had taken out my amp before the test drive (thinking it might have been allowing a surge of power get to the the dizzy some how. I am planning on driving it to work on monday, about a 45 min. drive. I also cleaned all grounds, and took off my ground for my amp. I dont know if it was my power transistor or the amp that had been causing me my problem. I dont have a capasitor for my system, but I did install a fuse between the battery and the amp. The fuse had not been blown, but it is a 50amp fuse. I will keep everyone posted on how it went. Im going to be if it was my amp. I have installed many amps in the past and had never ran into this problem. Im affaird to turn the radio on yet, want to see how it runs with out the face plate even on. When I looked at all the grounds there wasnt any white/green crap (cant spell) around it. But thanks to everyone that had input on this. I think it was the control/power transistor the whole time, got it from advance auto parts store for $114. I hope this helps anyone having the same problem.

zerepdivad
Car: '90 240sx . '02 Lexus IS300

I guarantee it wasn't anything to do with your amp.. unless you did some really cracked out things when installing it........

StonedRhyder

zerepdivad wrote:I guarantee it wasn't anything to do with your amp.. unless you did some really cracked out things when installing it........
just ran amp to battery and fuse boxamp to ground in the back of the trunkrca plugs from cd player to ampspeakers to amp and thats that

its running okay now, might have to retime it a little better but all in all its running good. A bit of a high idel - 1200rpms

Return to “Midwest Region”