Will I hit 14s w/ this setup?

General discussion forum about the 240sx, and a great place to introduce yourself to the board!
Zebrahead
Car: cars, basketball, girls, fishing

I have a 93 240 coupe, SE, in very good condition. It's still "young" in the sense that it only has 62K on it. I already have an Intake, just ordered exhaust, and I plan to order a header and a stage II clutch within a month.

So with the I/H/E + Stage II clutch w/ good driving, will I be able to hit high 14s?

If not, what more do I need?

Nick.

SpeedRacer1
Car: 1990 240SX, G35

You will probably get middle to low 15's assuming you and your car are running good, but thats just my opinion. Remember that with KA's every engine is different since some have reached 14's with that kind of setup and some cant get out of the 16's and worse.

After those three upgrades parts start getting more and more expensive for very little power (except for NOS:oface ). Get better tires for a little bit of help. If you have money then just turbocharge it or swap the engine.

Are you ordering the clutch because you need a new one?

SlowFiveOh
Car: drag racing, music

youll be seeing mid 15's i would guess. good luck. a lot depends on the driver too.

Zebrahead

I'm getting a new clutch, becuase the current one tends to slip badly if I try a 2K-2.5K rpm launch. Not nearly grippy enough for my driving tastes.

After the I/H/E/clutch, i plan to get my compression increased and get new cams. With the addition of those two mods, I'm hoping I'll gain around 40-45rwhp with the whole shabang.

Nick

MikeS14240sx

some people claim mid 15's stock so who knows. Depends on wheater conditions and what not. Another thing you may want to add to your list of mods is an ASP crank pulley. And for just over a hundred dollars I've heard some pretty good things.

SlowFiveOh
Car: drag racing, music

cams will give you some more top end, which the KA lacks, but not enough to make you crap your pants, but every little bit helps. you can only increase compression so much so youre limited there too. I'd give everything a 40 horse increase tops. Realistically i see more like 30 but you never know.

Ace
Car: S14

with all of the money your spending on cams, i/h/e, clutch, etc. You could get pretty close to purchasing a ret top SR20DET, and just start building your parts list and then when ready swap it and you'll be in the 13's maybe even 12's. Also with the low mileage of your engine you could get some cash for the KA engine. Just a thought.:)

Sleeping Silvia
Car: Frog licking

SlowFiveOh wrote:cams will give you some more top end, which the KA lacks, but not enough to make you crap your pants, but every little bit helps. you can only increase compression so much so youre limited there too. I'd give everything a 40 horse increase tops. Realistically i see more like 30 but you never know.
what? The guy I bought my intake from on ebay said it gives me 15 Hp and my sparkplugs give me 10 and sparkwires 15, and my exhaust is 25 crank pully 10 more and my headers is another 20 so thats 90 HP! I dont know where you get your HP #s from??? but I get mine acording to the E-bay bibble! those HP # are never exaterated!

Zebrahead

Sleeping Silvia wrote:
what? The guy I bought my intake from on ebay said it gives me 15 Hp and my sparkplugs give me 10 and sparkwires 15, and my exhaust is 25 crank pully 10 more and my headers is another 20 so thats 90 HP! I dont know where you get your HP #s from??? but I get mine acording to the E-bay bibble! those HP # are never exaterated!
I really hope you're being sarcastic, for your sake.

Nick.

kayo240se

if he's not being sarcastic, then he's very young...We will teach you grasshopper.

InstantRice

sarcasm? stickers are 20 to the ground.

Ace
Car: S14

Isn't it 20 hp to the wheels for each sticker, I thought that was common knowledge.:rolleyes

blink0r
Car: Turbo(s), making fun of Daunttless, naked girls, and guitar.

Sleeping Silvia wrote:
LOL! You've just become the forum idiot!

If you combine headers/intake/exhaust you'll probably be around the 30hp number (give or take a few).

Just another 240

this have nothin to do wif the topic ..i'm just testing if i can post..cause i'm new..laterz

Return to “240sx General Discussion”