Will I embarrass myself?

Nissan 350z / Nissan 370z general community discussion forum
MichaelRobinz33n

I'll keep this short and sweet. This guy has a 2008 Chevy 2500Hd Duramax. He has a chip... i question if that actually does anything but I digress.

He thinks he will kill me. From what I've read his truck should run a 16 at the strip...

He wants to put a grand on best out of 3 races. I've seen his truck and it's stock except for the chip. It's the crew cab.

I usually don't put money on these things but I can't pass up what should be easy money. I have an '06 350z with light flywheel and stage 2 clutch. Can I take him?

ArmedAviator
Car: 2012 M37x

If he's that confident, perhaps there's more to the story than just a tune.

In any case, if he ONLY has a tune, you should have him. But even if you win, do you expect him to actually pay?

As always, don't break the law.

MichaelRobinz33n

ArmedAviator wrote:If he's that confident, perhaps there's more to the story than just a tune.

In any case, if he ONLY has a tune, you should have him. But even if you win, do you expect him to actually pay?

As always, don't break the law.
Well he is 17... So I don't think he knows much.

Then again I'm only 19 but I've been taking apart cars since I came out of the womb.

And I don't expect him to pay, but I expect him to shut up.

And this would take place at the strip. So no laws broken!

ArmedAviator
Car: 2012 M37x

In that case, drive on and see who walks the walk and who talks the talk.

MichaelRobinz33n

ArmedAviator wrote:In that case, drive on and see who walks the walk and who talks the talk.
Raced him tonight. Got him 3 outa 3. My best time was a 13.63!!! I don't remember my trap speed, though... his best time was 15.77 at 80 something...

I told him to keep his money and save up for something more important than a truck.

Return to “350z / 370z Discussion”