will anyturbo fit?

Your premier source for information on the Turbo KA: KA24E-T and KA24DE-T (KA with aftermarket turbo kit)!
mulletmrt
Car: Videography and Film

Okay Guys I have a few questions. I just bought a 89 s13 a few months ago. I got enough money to rebuild the motor and tranny. I was think now would be a good time to turbo it. I was wondering if there would have to be a certain turbo that i would have to use. I picked up a rebuilt 89 300zx turbo for very cheap. I was wondering would I be able to use it? Also I was wondering if I would be able to custom weld a turbo manifold from and old exhaust manifold? Would this be able to sustian 7psi of boost or less? Thanks

TrueSlide
Car: Stuff

1. YES, the z31 turbo will work.

2. I dont know how good your welding skills are.

3. Should be.. I have heard a 12 maxPSI on them cars.

Nismo241

You can use any turbo on any car just so long as you have the right size flange on the turbo manifold. Some are better than others, but that only goes with power curve preferences.

mulletmrt
Car: Videography and Film

thanks guys. I got another question. I have an auto would just 7 psi put a lot of strain on my tranny?

95_240sx
Car: My baby (car)

No, from the experience I have had with Auto tranny's, you can put a lot more power to them before they break. But theres really only ONE way to find out how much you can stick in there before it breaks.

Rick

Nismo241

Wow Rick, thats a pretty weak list of mods there:D When did you decide on all that? I guess I have been out of the loop with most things these days anyways. You said you lived in salem right? If so I drive through there about 2-3 times a week. Maybe we can meet up next weekend, E-mail me.

95_240sx
Car: My baby (car)

Yeah sounds good to me...

The engine is still in the machine shop, I havent even gotten it back yet, Ive still got a lot more of a list to make :-)

Rick

Return to “KA24ET / KA24DET Forum”