1974 Unimog 404
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

Ugh. More gimmicks for the sake of "change" rather than progress in the right areas from Nintendo. The controllers are guaranteed to be prohibitively expensive, don't look remotely comfortable, and don't offer anything of genuine value. I guess it's better than waving a nunchuck around, though. If this means I can go back to controlling stuff relaxed on the couch instead of flailing around, I'm at least partly happy.

Wii U is to Wii what Other M was to Metroid: a bunch of stuff to give it "broader appeal" and take it in "new directions" without any cause or need for either.

Not to mention the fact that the best recent Nintendo offerings are the ones that DON'T use any of the Wii's gimmicks. Like NSMB:Wii and Mario Galaxy.

Wrong direction, Nintendo.

This E3 is making me glad I'm a PC gamer.

Amays U G37S
Car: shoes

My thoughts exactly. Come on Nintendo, this isn't you. Get with the program. Xbox has set a stage for gaming with using you as the controller. Nintendo should take a step into releasing games to accomidate this type of video gaming style.

Nintendo's sales were down for the past year, so. I guess it will continue in that direction.

Encryptshun
Car: 2005 Xterra

I think this is awesome.

It takes all the fun things about the GameCube and the Wii and brings them all into the 21st century. I used to love it when we got together and used our DS's as GC controllers to play stuff like PacMan and super monkey ball. Now add HD graphics and motion control and this is uber win in my book. Big-a** controllers when you want them, old Wii remotes when you don't. It's like what the Dreamcast was supposed to be.

Oh, and with the individual screens, now you can port RPGs and board games to the platform. Epic.

Sign me up, so long as the developers bring decent titles to the platform.

Amays U G37S

No way Chad, you played super monkey ball?

We played the game for hours.

MinisterofDOOM
Car: 1962 Corvair Monza
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1974 Unimog 404
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

Encryptshun wrote:I used to love it when we got together and used our DS's as GC controllers to play stuff like PacMan and super monkey ball.
So let's see more games using DS integration, as was promised back before the Wii even launched. We don't need a clunky non-ergonomic (look at those shoulder buttons! :eek: ) controller the size of a magazine to achieve those things. The 3DS and DSi are perfect for it. And before you go off about the cost of owning a Wii plus handheld for every player: you don't really think those controllers will go for less than $100 apiece do you? Good luck playing 4-player Smash Bros 4 for less than $900. At least you can take your DS on the go when you're done playing Wii-integrated

And I'm not convinced there's a wireless protocol that can provide latency-free video to the controller for the touted ability to use your controller as the primary display. And ignoring that I suspect that, if that really does happen, it will only happen with specific games built to support it.

Chaotic_Warlord
Car: Black 5 speed Swapped 1995 240sx

I'm actually kinda psyched about this, I watched a lot of the demo that Gamespot.com got and the concept itself is pretty cool. To be able to play your wii on the controller while your significant other or parents watch tv or a movie on the tv that the wii is connected to is pretty BA. Also the fact that you can see stuff that isn't on the screen by simply turning the controller is freakin awesome. I can see this being a $400 or $500 console when it drops but then most consoles are when they first come out.

I kind of figured a new Wii was about to be announced since the current wii is supposed to drop to $99 brand new in the next month or 2. While I'm sure sagging sales have something to do with that decision, a new console announcement had to be a large contributing factor.

As far as the 360 is concerned, if you don't have a newer or current generation xbox, don't be surprised when the new update in the fall fries your console. I'll be looking to get a current gen. with a kinect before September to prevent this very thing from happening.

Amays U G37S

Xbox is good, because of the community. Kinect is even better. I have seen tons of videos on the web about the different interactions of the kinect. We are the edge of virtual reality at the house. Screen or not. The new Kinect Star Wars game is amazing and also only inches from virtual reality.

Wii U has a good concept, and I love Mario, but this level and direction is something way better and should be almost impossible to beat.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpUit2GR7Oc[/youtube]

hitbychance
Car: 2008 350z
2008 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 5.7L hemi

i will buy this for mario, donkey kong and kirby

Encryptshun
Car: 2005 Xterra

^ I want new Zelda, Mega Man, and some sort of a space or aerial flying sim.

hitbychance
Car: 2008 350z
2008 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 5.7L hemi

Encryptshun wrote:^ I want new Zelda, Mega Man, and some sort of a space or aerial flying sim.
good call the new zelda looks awesome

Return to “Gaming”