Wierd oil issue

Information on the naturally-aspirated KA24E and KA24DE engines.
djmonkee
Car: 91' 240SX, 92' 240SX

I just put in a motor that I replaced the head gasket on. I start it and it knocks and taps, sounds like its all from the head. I pull the valve cover and its all dry. Oil pressure test at the pressure switch says 65psi on a cold motor, I don't won't to let it run to long without oil. So it looks like the bottom end has oil pressure but its not making it to the head anywhere. Is there anything else I can check before pulling things apart like the head?

smallblockman69

there is a oil passage that is on the deck surface of the block and a matching one on the head it may have been blocked when you scraped off the old gasket and got some crud cought in it unfortunately you may need to take the head off to see if it is blocked. definately do not run the engine for too long with no oil in the top end yo may ruin the head

smokedbyagirl
Car: 1995 Nissan 240sx SE S14 Zenki

Kinda late but if its tapping from the front of the motor almost like somethings hitting the valve cover its prob the timing belt tentioner. It is a tap that is not consistent, like its random. Not that big of a deal. If you want to go through all that to change it, its expensive and time consuming. I have driven over 3,000 miles with mine doing that and it never stalls. Hope that helps. :bigthumb:

Return to “KA24E / KA24DE Forum”