Widest Tire

Forum for Nissan wheel fitment, tire selection, suspension setup and brake discussions.
tromboneking1
Car: 2008 Altima Coupe 2.5S

Hello, just wanted to know what is the widest tire that can be put on the stock wheels for an 08 Altima Coupe 2.5. The originals are 215/60, 16" wheels. I'd like to go wider and don't have the money to buy new wheels right now. I also would like to go with a lower profile...any ideas?

simmode1
Car: Red '95 S14

Do you know how wide your stock wheels are? That would answer half your question right there...

tromboneking1
Car: 2008 Altima Coupe 2.5S

I am assuming it is a 16x7 wheel based on the information from Street Dreams. I really can't find too much that says otherwise.

daney

I notice sports cars usually have 17- or 18-inch tires. "Ordinary" cars usually have 15-inch tires. Upper trim levels of these cars get bigger tires. I heard bigger tires enable a car to go a further distance in a same amount of time, because of the bigger circumferences. Bigger tires can stop a car better because of wider surface contact. But bigger tires need more gas, possibly more road noise. You can also get all ranges of tires in the market.

Return to “Nissan Tires, Wheels, Brakes and Suspension”