Wich gearbox would fit?

Want to talk about non-Nissan cars? Here's the place!
JapSpeed

Hi there.. I was thinking of maybe buying a Toyota Celsior/Lexus LS400. Since i live in Sweden, do we only have the Lexus LS400 and with automatic transmission. Is it possible to put in a manual gearbox and from which car? Bad thing is that we only have the V8 engines here. I thought that it maybe was possible to use the Supra MKIV gearbox.. But only to the inline six lexuses..

So is there any gearbox i could use on a Lexus LS400 V8, that would be manual?

And does anybody know about the quality of the lexuses?

Gold Digger
Car: Current:
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:
1995 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec Midnight Purple
1990 Nissan Laurel Club S Turbo Two Tone Pearl

TIM!

Hey man, glad to see you made it here. Man, I didn't know you posted this up, or registered for that matter...lol.

Love your signature.

I can vouch for it.

I would say you should just swap in a JZ motor and transmission into it. I haven't seen any Celsiors over here with a manual swap, and I don't know it there is a manual tranny that bolts up to the V8 motor.

Keep lookin around and you might find your answer.

Take care, mate.

2K2WhiteMaxSE
Car: 2002 Nissan Maxima SE

The old SC300s had manual transmissions, but I think only the V6 got them, but its a place to start...check out lexus forums and you will probably get a better response

Gold Digger
Car: Current:
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:
1995 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec Midnight Purple
1990 Nissan Laurel Club S Turbo Two Tone Pearl

2K2WhiteMaxSE wrote:The old SC300s had manual transmissions, but I think only the V6 got them, but its a place to start...check out lexus forums and you will probably get a better response
Ummm...I'm pretty sure that the SC300's used a non turbo 1JZ in them, which would make them a I6, not a V6.

PBfrEAk
Car: '00 Frontier (Newb) '92 Maxima (Daily), '93 Max (Donor), '91 Max (Project) '77 F-150 (Funmobile)

I was looking at the build thread and ran across this one that my be of use to you...

Lexus V8 powered Celica

Now I'm not sure if your V8 is the same as his...but this guy is running a V8 mated to a supra 5spd.

Granted its in a Celica...but if you read the article it may give you some info...or you could at least give the builder a ring and ask him yourself...

Good Luck!!!

EDIT: Acutally now that I read it a bit...and there was a link in there to a 1uz v8 performance site based in Auckland.

Now if you click around a bit they make bell housings for your v8 to match up to the "W" series tranny's from toyota (which include the supra trannies)

So I'd say thats possibly where he got it...but if not...thats definitely a possibility for you!!

Return to “Others”