WHY SO LITTLE TRAFFIC ON THIS FORUM?

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
Bocatrip

I was just curious why there is so little traffic on this forum. Is it because the EX/QX did not sell all that many cars over the years? I know 2016 was a great year with over 15,000 sales. From the owners I have spoken to that have the early EX models, they love their cars. Not enough problems? It's unfortunate because I think it's a great car and would love more discussion. With my previous 04 G35 Coupe and 06 G35 sedan, I couldn't keep up with all the threads. I was just curious.

sherwooa
Car: 2012 BMW E92 M3
2004 G35 Coupe 6MT (sold)
2008 EX35 AWD Journey
2011 Nissan Murano SL

I was wondering same, but I'm guessing in part it's because there simply haven't been that many sold, whereas the G models were sold in abundance. And I think it is a relatively trouble free car.

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

:popcorn:

EXceptional
Car: 2008 Aspen Pearl EX35 Freakin Loaded!

The EX35 is a good little car. My Wife has 100,000 Kms on her EX35 and it's plugging along!

It has a few bugs, but we can live with them.

She got a rock chip on her front camera... and the defrost function leaves a goofy shaped section on the windshield frosty.

It's slow on here, ya... but we are comfortable.

DHackRSX

This is an old article but I think speaks to your question well: https://www.forbes.com/2008/11/21/car-b ... ide_5.html

However, I assume you are like myself and have found the perfect balance of utility, elegance and an interior that has yet to be matched in refinement.

The Ex/QX is a best kept secret that unfortunately has too limited aftermarket options and owner mods to generate an online community buzz.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/24/autom ... 4AUTO.html

NJGuy
Car: 2008 Infiniti EX35 Journey AWD

When the G35 came out, it was a legitimate competitor to the standard bearing BMW 3 series. And in some publications, it had actually dethroned the BMW. That generated a lot of buzz for the G35, which was enough to sell in large numbers and build a good fan base of enthusiasts.

The EX just never got the same amount of exposure and Infiniti gave it virtually no marketing support, so until recently it's always been a low volume seller. In addition, it always seemed to me that the EX was geared to a different market than the G35/G37, even with the similarities between the two. I pictured that the EX was intended for older buyers when compared to the G series, and that the car's styling was more appealing to women more so than men.

When you look at the demographics of an automotive forum, I think the more popular and active ones tend to have members that are a bit on the younger side and that are predominantly male. So combining the low sales volume, buyer demographic, and the vehicle's overall reliability record, this forum won't have the same amount of activity as some of the others that you've seen.

Don't be afraid to help stimulate the activity here and put up more posts. I'm normally a reserved person. I'm also a member on other automotive message boards, but I post in this forum much more frequently than the others to help foster the discussion here. While the forum may get a little slow sometimes, you'll hardly see any drama. Pretty much everyone here is cool and gets along :cool: .

XIS
Car: 08 EX35 RWD
17 QX30 Sport

if you want more traffic, post more... answer questions and offer suggestions. :)
You joined in 2007 and have 70 posts. That's why the traffic is light...

Also - it is a reliable car that not a lot of teenagers modify. I think that is another reason. :)

JS37

I just joined up! I'll have plenty of questions. Hopefully people can help.

Came from a BMW 135i. Thing was a rocket. EX37 has been enjoyable so far.

Redbeauty84ZX

Relatively new here but have made a few posts this month. Had my EX for a little over a month and love it so far...

EXceptional
Car: 2008 Aspen Pearl EX35 Freakin Loaded!

They are a great little car!

Welcome to the Forum.

Bocatrip

Thanks everyone for all the great responses!!!!! This happends to be the most active thread since I joined this forum! That's funny. As far as XIS commenting on my mere 70 posst on this forum....the short answer is that I've owned 2 G35s for 11 years each and this forum did not have much activity to speak of for my newly acquired G35 Coupe and Sedan. I have had close to 3,000 posts on other Infiniti forums for the G. Glad to hear about the reliability for the EX/QX50 , however after a fair amount of research I was hoping and somewhat expecting that to be the case. I don't mind that our cars will look somewhat dated with the introduction of the newly revamped 2018 QX50. I planned on getting this proven car before it will be left behind for newer technology and possibly 4 cylinder engines and even CVT transmissions (surely hope not). Thanks again for the positive imput, and as a big car enthusiast, I do plan I hanging around and asking and answering questions regardless of importance. I love this car!!!!! Hoping for many many reliable miles regardless of lack of drama. Too be continued.......

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”