Why is this site unusable slow???

A General Discussion forum for cars and other topics, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to NICO!
cliffe5
Car: 1991 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo

What the heck? I keep thinking it will get better but it never does. Trying to post takes forever and God forbid you hit the back button...

Really what is it? I'll help if I know what the problem is. Fyi it's not on my end and has been slow for over a year now

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Not slow for me. Mind you, I'm on an actual computer, not a phone. You said it's been slow for you for a year now which somehow means the problem's not on your end. How so?

datechboss101
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue SL -- RIP
2018 Nissan Kicks SR -- RIP
2019 Nissan Rogue SV w/ Prem. Pack

Its very slow on a moble device and tablet, since there is alot of files and data on this forum... that might be your issue, if thats the case if you are using a mobile device or tablet.

It shouldn't be slow on a computer, regardless of the internet connection and type of computer (unless you got an ancient computer).

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

Not slow on my computer either ... my Internet access is fast too, of course.

Since I do not use a smartphone to access NICO, I am not sure what that would look like.

Z

Woodnutz78
Car: 1991 Nissan 300ZX TT MT

It is notably slower and less user friendly (PMs) on mobile devices, but I don’t think it’s unusable by any means. Maybe have to wait 5 seconds or so for a page to load adequately. Desktop does run great. Make sure you don’t have 10,000 apps lingering in the background (No BS, I’ve caught my wife with triple digit chrome tabs open - took her GS8 to its knees).

Return to “General Chat”