why get the EX when you could get the FX?

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
starstreak

I just want to know the reasoning from others here. I would get teh EX mainly becuase of the 360 camera. But I noticed a FX without that feature will cost me the same 43k?http://www.infinitiofhawaii.co...c988e

Are you buyinbg your for the smaller size or technology?

Mark Booth

I feel both the interior and exterior of the EX are much more attractive than the FX. But the technology was a big part of the decision too.

Mark

EXblue

One reason could be the impending redesign of the FX.

RonnieMartin
Car: Infiniti EX

I needed car the size of the EX and from reliable source I heard that the FX was undergoing re design. The interior and the technology advances on the EX compare with the "M" series. It is really a nice ride and had plenty of power.

One thing I would have liked is a power assist on the rear hach. I expect that is a feature that will come on later models EX or FX. My EX came loaded and I am very pleased with the quality of fit and finish and attention to detail. I don't think the dealer had to do anyting to the car except remove the plastic covering on the seats and wash it.

Ronnie

starstreak

What does the new FX look like? Are there photos of it? Only reason why I'm looking at the EX vs the FX is cost for gadgets. I would rather have the FX, but I wanted the 360. But I figured by the time they added that to the FX, its gonna be 45k-48k easy. Just to keep it away from the EX pricing.

Mark Booth

BTW, another reason to consider the EX is gas mileage. The real world anecdotal reports on the FX35 are about 3-4 MGP less than I'm getting in my EX.

As for power... it is amazing how fast the EX is. I'm still in the break-in period so I have really pushed it too hard, but, this car gets out of its own way VERY quickly!

Mark

starstreak

Wow, so youre sayig if I was to get 17mpg with the EX, I would get like 13mpg with the FX? Hmm the ONLY thing I can thing that MIGHT offset that is the FX takes regular vs supreme for the EX.

This would be one of the things stopping me from getting the car. With all the cars I've owned, due to the short driving distance I do, I always get the "city" milage. My GS350 says I get something like 18mpg city, but I hit like 17 on average. Mind you I don't speed or throttle around everywhere. It's mainly becuase of the short distance I drive. So moving to a car that says 17mpg city, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna hit like 14-15. Which from what I hear, those with G35's in the Islands get. Same as my Sienna? yuck.

Modified by starstreak at 10:49 AM 12/27/2007
Modified by starstreak at 10:53 AM 12/27/2007

J-Owner
Car: 2010 FX35 owner and former owner of an '05 G35 Coupe and a '95 J30T.

The Fx gets better gas mileage than 13 but I bet it is more along the lines of 16 in city 22-24 on highway.

Also, ALL Infiniti's recommend Premium gasoline. There is not one model offered that recommends regular gas. Just FYI.

RonnieMartin
Car: Infiniti EX

I am not sure but I suspect my dealer put regular gas in the car. After I ran the first tank out and put in a name brand of Premium, the mileage went up about 2 mpg. This was a 250 mile trip both ways. I know that there are many variables to MPG like speed and wind but I tried to make the return trip at the same speed. It also may be due to the fact that the break in period is helping.

I am very satisfied with the car except for three small dents I discovered on the hood. Some where in transit a tool or something with three spaced protrusions was put on the hood. The dents are not seen unless the light is just right and I discoverd them when applying the first coat of Zaino.

Some where in the custody chain of transporting the car to the dealer or at the dealer the dents were made. I drove the car directly from the dealer to my garage that is heated and well lit and while applying the Zaino noticed them.

I have contacted the dealer. It could be that some one in preparing the car placed something on the hood. There is not anything that can be done about it and I am probably the only one that will ever notice it.

Other than that it is the most delightful car I have owned in a long time.

BTW the Zaino really did it's usual super job on the car. A couple more coats and it will look 2 feet deep

Ronnie

michel
Car: 2008 fully loaded EX35 AWD Dark Currant and Stone interior

I am curious about the self healing paint. Did it work on your hood?

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”